• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7/S rev2.0 : D25 Modded bios by -=Merlin=-

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
fateshammer said:
As far as I know there is no way of knowing in windows if CPC is on or off.........

thank goodness there is......
look at this WPcredit screenie, just download WPcredit, and open it up and and lood at the spot TicTac has pointed out, it its a 0 then its enabled, and if its a 2 then its disabled.....
attachment.php

Jess1313 said:
thank goodness there is......
look at this WPcredit screenie, just download WPcredit, and open it up and and lood at the spot TicTac has pointed out, it its a 0 then its enabled, and if its a 2 then its disabled.....
attachment.php

Thank goodness indeed. :D I didn't know that. Thanks for pointing it out.

Ok, I have an NF7-S coming in the mail and I'm putting it in my system below with a 2600 XP-m and 2x256mb RAM. If I download and flash to a new BIOS (like this one) do I want to enable or disable CPC and what BIOS should I consider trying? I'm really lost in all this CrAzY BIOS talk!
Also, where do I find a download place for these BIOS's? THANKS!!!

Yeah, I read through the thread and noticed that there are many places to download all the different BIOS's but basically just want to know if I will need should try a CP on or off BIOS and if anyone has a similar setup what worked for them. And I figured since someone would be nice enough to post an answer for me they could also tell me where to get that specific BIOS from; but I guess I was asking too much???

Here's the whole thread at pcperspective/amdmb forums, try and grab the latest ones in the later pages of that thread. But the 2.0.1 Rev seems to be the most stable for most users, including me. And the consensus is that if you have 2x256 you'd be better off using CPC On.

And I figured since someone would be nice enough to post an answer for me they could also tell me where to get that specific BIOS from; but I guess I was asking too much???
I think that he was just pointing out that there are like fifty different places in the thread where you can find the BIOS links. I posted one 11 posts up and it should link you to all of the BIOS that could be downloaded. The newest ones can't be downloaded yet because Merlin in having computer and hosting problems so....... it might be a while. But just keep up with the thread at PCPerspective, they'll have the newest revisions on everything and can give you something to research in your search for the best BIOS. Really though, what you have to do is just try some of them. I've flashed my board about 20 times in the last month, just trying the lasted BIOS' and some of the older ones too. Just seeing which would be the best overclocker.

hmmm... i dont think my mobo like these merlin bioses...it would load XP for like half an hour(i was playin LIneage 2, so the load was there) and it would freeze on me. I dunno wat i did wrong, but i followed the typical bios flashing procedure. here's the settings i put it on:

Bios Tests: Merlin's D25a 2.0.2 CPC OFF 3.19 & D25a 2.0.5 CPC on

CPU: 200fsb x 10 @ 1.8v
Memory: 11-3-3-2.5 @ 2.9v
APIC off
AGP freq: 67mhz

both gave close results in Sandra, the CPC on verison gave slightly better reslults on the memory bandwidth test. But the pc freezes too much and I dont wanna make my PC any hotter than it usually is( idle is 43C, 51C load). So im bak to the Trats D24 and its workin nicely again. Anyone kno wat I could do to tweak my settings to get the Merlin bioses to work?

I have had some weirdness as well since I loaded up Merlins BIOS. I have 512 so CPC on is fine, but I too have been experiencing random freezing and then a restart is necessary.It works fine after the restart, until the next freeze.It can happen at ANYTIME, gaming, cruising the net whatever... Any ideas? :p

no, their are specific revisions, not just the one posted in the beginning of this site, their are different versions that he keeps releasing.

o.k. basically on a freak accident I've stubled into some new bandwidth for my ram..... I'm priming right now at 238MHz using merlins D25 r2 cpcon. Without question the best bios I've ever used.

Ok, I'd just like to say that I DLed one of Endro's Merlin's BIOS, and I actually have 260 stable with CPC on!!!! :drool:

Jess is having similar results as well. Too bad I forgot which one it was lmao. I do have it on file tho.

yeah i just PMed sen and got it, i finally seem to have 255 w/ hynix stable, ill try for more tommorow, but im just gonna mess around w/ 255ish tonight......

Back