• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nf7 weird boot problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

supercromp

Registered
ok here i go

im running an nf7 2.0 board with a barton 2500+ and gig mem

i normaly run 2.5 ghz with 11.5x217, 8-3-3-2.5 timings

i wanted to squeeze a lil more out of my system so i tried out my mem at 228mhz same timings, but used a 8x multi so any instability wouldnt be my proc... everything is good boots fine, memtest fine, played games etc...

so- stable at 227fsb 8-3-3-2.5
stable proc at 2.5ghz

if i do BOTH by doing 227x11, i get either no post (bios saves, then on reboot no post, then beeping), or i get post to screenwith proc and mem detect, but nothing past, no boot. i have a quality 550 watt power supply, ive tried upping my chipset voltage, any ideas?

thanks
cromp

I Don't mean this in a bad way, but maybe your CPU just won't go that high with that multi ? I know some of the people on this forum are hitting stupidly high FSB levels with a 2500+, but maybe yours just doesn't like it ?

Or, maybe you might need to supply more voltage to your cpu? Whats it on at the moment ?

Back