• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nightmare Intel HSF Problem: Help !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ambient Temperatures means what are the temps in the room you are in . you should get a after market HSF . That is all I can say .

Ambient Temperatures? How do I check? Is there a way in Core temp? I just downloaded it.

See this post:

Ambient Temperatures means what are the temps in the room you are in . you should get a after market HSF . That is all I can say .

How hot your room is can have an effect. 50C idle is bad if the room is 15C. 50C idle isn't necessarily so bad if the room is 35C.

See this post:

How hot your room is can have an effect. 50C idle is bad if the room is 15C. 50C idle isn't necessarily so bad if the room is 35C.
True dat !
Still would be looking into a new HSF for sure and not one that has them plastic clips you need one that has a mount and screws this will ensure a positive connection to the CPU .

True dat !
Still would be looking into a new HSF for sure and not one that has them plastic clips you need one that has a mount and screws this will ensure a positive connection to the CPU .

Sorry, the last line was aimed at the OP - I was adding to your post, not correcting it. I wasn't very clear :eek:.

Definitely second the New HSF recommendation.

Actually not true. The S1283 is an amazing value, especially compared to a TRUE or Chilltec.

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article818-page7.html
http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.p...task=view&id=81&Itemid=1&limit=1&limitstart=3 (yes, it beats the Chilltec)
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/display/thermalright-xigmatek_9.html#sect0
http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=2233&page=5

I could go on and on but suffice to say, you just knocked the best value in air cooling available :)

I got the LITTLE brother to that one the 92mm fan version and its running a 6750 oc'ed to 3.4ghz holding it to 53c in orthos......

Ok well I have spent today looking at some and wonder if you guys could add some input for me. I already have some Artic Silver 5 so I'm good in the thermal compound area so the ones I was looking at were the Artic Freezer 7 Pro, Zalman 9500, and Zalman 9700.

I totally agree with you in that I don't want to mess around with those plastic (P.O.S.) pins so I'm steering clear of the Freezer 7 for that very reason but I'm pretty sure the Zalman 9500 and 9700 have plates that mount to the cpu / mobo area. Can you guys check those two out and give me some input as to how good and if they do mount. Thanks and if you guys have any other suggestion as to a great HSF it would be APPRECIATED!! :)

-As to now I will be stuck surfing the net for my entertainment since I hurt my ankle playing basketball and am sick of watching t.v. reading and everything else. :bang head

I'd like to see that post us up a screenie running core damage for about say oh...3 minutes...heh...

cpuz, realtemp running also..!

:eek:

I have better things to do than run prime again for 8 hours for you . take it or leave it I get high temps I should say temps around 54C but hey this is not about me . this is about this person needing help , I hope that I have been able to do just that with out focusing on me or what I get as temps .
Like I said get the turniq you can't go wrong there .

Good Reviews, not a bad price, just a little big. My DFI Lanparty the Memory slots are pretty much touching the Memory sticks right now so I'm not sure if that would fit, is there anything like that that's smaller?

I have better things to do than run prime again for 8 hours for you . take it or leave it I get high temps I should say temps around 54C but hey this is not about me . this is about this person needing help , I hope that I have been able to do just that with out focusing on me or what I get as temps .
Like I said get the turniq you can't go wrong there .

8hrs? Rofl I asked for a 3 min run of core damage....sorry to overload you....

I am from missouri the show me state...

all you have to do is link us to an earlier run showing said results.....I know I can show sshots for anything I proclaim.

or will upon asking! :santa:

To the OP, basically its your call.

Thermalright,Zalman, Xigmatek, and others make good heatsinks....

Read the reviews.... the xigmateks really are just as cool as the more expensive stuff, and you can add your own backplate.

Good Reviews, not a bad price, just a little big. My DFI Lanparty the Memory slots are pretty much touching the Memory sticks right now so I'm not sure if that would fit, is there anything like that that's smaller?

It fits trust me it sits higher than the RAM !

8hrs? Rofl I asked for a 3 min run of core damage....sorry to overload you....

I am from missouri the show me state...

all you have to do is link us to an earlier run showing said results.....I know I can show sshots for anything I proclaim.

or will upon asking! :santa:

DUDE stop calling me out ! GOD GET OVER YOUR SELF !

DUDE stop calling me out ! GOD GET OVER YOUR SELF !

Then please do not post information without backing it up, especially when trying to be informative to someone asking for advise. You have been a member on these forums for a while now, you should know that.

54c full load seems like a crock to me as well.

I agree with iamcanadian7. Freezer 7 if you are on a budget or go with the Zalman 9700 NT if you can budget it. The 9700 is just about 2nd best to the TRU and TRUE.

Then please do not post up information without backing it up. You have been a member on these forums for a while now, you should know that.

54c full load seems like a crock to me as well.

WHAT ? Who are you ? I can post any thing I want a screen shot is not going to prove crap have you ever heard of photo shop ? god you all need to chill out with the crap I am focused on helping this person you are focused on insulting me and the next one is going to get reported I am sick of this !

WHAT ? Who are you ? I can post any thing I want a screen shot is not going to prove crap have you ever heard of photo shop ? god you all need to chill out with the crap I am focused on helping this person you are focused on insulting me and the next one is going to get reported I am sick of this !

No one is insulting you here :screwy:

When you post in-accurate information it tends to miss-lead the person asking for advice and hurts your credibility when you say things like,

" 50c on a Ultra Chill Tech cooler on a full load " Yea. I don't think so.

Don't worry about who I am. I did not know I was so important to you.

Could you please post a screen shot for me, so i can trust you.

In good faith i will do one.

Attachments

• no throttle.JPG
    no throttle.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 77
Back