• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nightmare Intel HSF Problem: Help !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
To the OP, your idle temperatures are right on the money for a stock Intel cooler. 50C idle with CoreTemp so subtract 10C as most people are aware of to compensate for the 105C Tjunction max, so 40C idle I'm guessing your ambient temp is about 25C or higher in late July, so the lowest your idle temps could ever be is about 35C, add 5C for it being the tiny 45nm stock cooler, and presto you have 40C idle temp.

If your not overclocking its not a big deal, though if you decide you do want lower noise and temps then I wouldn't suggest paying more then $25 or so for a new cooler, as your CPU doesn't need it, even if overclocking upwards of 4ghz.

Freezer 7 Pro or Scythe Katana 2 for $25 ($20 on sale) are my recommendations, the push pins really aren't that bad and these coolers are light weight so there is no risk of damage to the socket.

I've gotten my Wolfdale to 4ghz with a Freezer 7 Pro load temps are about 54C @ 1500RPM which is quiet imo, and have also taken the PC to numerous LANs and no problems with the pushpins.

Zalman 9700 is a weak cooler IMO as well, for the $50 or so they're asking you can get much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
So blazed, does Intel just expect people not to play any games whatsoever when they spend $150.00 on one of their products? I mean to me this is outrageous to say the least. Last night I'm 99% sure that when I tried to play after building my system it crashed because the overheating of my CPU. What can be said about that...

So blazed, does Intel just expect people not to play any games whatsoever when they spend $150.00 on one of their products? I mean to me this is outrageous to say the least. Last night I'm 99% sure that when I tried to play after building my system it crashed because the overheating of my CPU. What can be said about that...
It wont crash because of heat take a look.

Attachments

• no throttle.JPG
    no throttle.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 72
Think some people are over thinking some stuff here, trickson for one might need to just take a step back and think before you post.

To the OP, your idle temperatures are right on the money for a stock Intel cooler. 50C idle with CoreTemp so subtract 10C as most people are aware of to compensate for the 105C Tjunction max, so 40C idle I'm guessing your ambient temp is about 25C or higher in late July, so the lowest your idle temps could ever be is about 35C, add 5C for it being the tiny 45nm stock cooler, and presto you have 40C idle temp.

If your not overclocking its not a big deal, though if you decide you do want lower noise and temps then I wouldn't suggest paying more then $25 or so for a new cooler, as your CPU doesn't need it, even if overclocking upwards of 4ghz.

Freezer 7 Pro or Scythe Katana 2 for $25 ($20 on sale) are my recommendations, the push pins really aren't that bad and these coolers are light weight so there is no risk of damage to the socket.

I've gotten my Wolfdale to 4ghz with a Freezer 7 Pro load temps are about 54C @ 1500RPM which is quiet imo, and have also taken the PC to numerous LANs and no problems with the pushpins.

Zalman 9700 is a weak cooler IMO as well, for the $50 or so they're asking you can get much better.

So now why are you against me ? what have I done ? can you tell me what I can post and when please ? Thank You .

Yeah sounds like it is over heating to me and Both AMD and Intel try to keep things at a absolute minimum meaning what ever works for the cheapest price I don't think they care what the HSF will do in a game situation bet they don't even test them to the fullest like we do .
OH hell maybe I should have asked if this was ok to post sorry blazed ! :eek:

A debate is one thing, but when it starts boiling over the edge it's not.

Yeah I have had it as well .
I though I was helping then for some reason I found myself in the middle of some battle royal ! oh well I guess if you don't like me posting I can stop .

Stock cooler is not horrible on E7200.. Don't install it with the mobo out though, you can break stuff doing it that way. Mount the mobo in the case (using all of the standoffs of course) and then push the HSF into place. It's a lot easier that way, trust me. Do 1 corner, then the opposite corner, then the other 2. You'll feel it click into place.

try doing that with a bloody AC97 ..pins are impossible to push throo holes (click) due to the fact..it hits the metal plate (otherside ofthe case)..bloody nightmare..gotta remove everything if i ever want to tweak/change HSF

To me, if you are going to buy aftermarket cooling, you shouldn't even look at anything that doesn't have a bolt-through kit. Push pins are absolute garbage, no matter what they are connected to, imo.

hmmm imm everytime i hear a comment like that..makes me wanna bin my ac97 and buy a huge tonk *** cooler..besides not happy with temps atm!

LOL i just read this whole thread throo ahhahah its so entertaining when people go over the top..

Last edited:
temptest.jpg

How long do I have to run it ?

Odd, looks like you are only running it at 3.2ghz, your sig says 3.4ghz. Also looks like 50C is your idle temp, prime had only JUST started when you took that shot. How long? How about 5 minutes?

Yes, I am calling shenanigans :p

what ever bro ! what ever ! some how you are going to try and bring me into some battle with your senses and well I am done with this thread do as you please talk down and insult me all you want I do not care any more !

The bickering stops now. This applies to all of you. Agree to disagree.

Also, when a senior member posts something like this:

Ok guyz, knock it off. Either play nice or be reported. This is getting old :rolleyes:

I strongly suggest you pay attention. They may not have mod powers but they are staff and should be listened to.

Next crap post will end up in a thread lock.

Trickson, you've been warned once before, and banned once before for starting this kind of crap. If you can't play nice, I will have no other recourse than to take your toys away from you.

I mean it.

I can say the 9700 zalman does a nice job also (its alot better on my new dualie than it was on my quad) and is pretty easy to install and a nice strong sturdy mount but i think you can find a hsf that is cheaper with similar performance

Back