• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No audio in browser

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

clayman1000x

I am hoping that someone here can help me fix this issue. I've got a new build that is working fine with an exception with some audio ports. I'm sure you know the order, green for front channel, blue for rear channel, pink one is set for mic in, I even tried pink for sub-woofer out but it did not help. Audio is AC97 codec. My problem is, the front channel won't work, I get no sound at all. I have my good speakers set up as rear at the moment in order to hear music. The problem with this set-up is I get no sound from any of my browsers, FF, IE and Opera all have no sound on any file extension, .swf and .mov so far, I didn't think I would have to check any other browsers, video works but no audio. My last MB also did not have rear channels for the browser. The MB is a Biostar GeForce 6100-M9. I reinstalled the MB drivers for audio but did not help. I am going through the user manual and found the audio header on the motherboard, but it has 2 jumpers on it in over 11 and 12 pins and another over the 13 and 14 pins. Those are listed as left and right line in (optional) so I don't think that is the problem. From the manual:

1. Chip: ALC655
2. Supports 6 Channels
3. Supports S/PIDF out Function
4. Compliant with AC'97 Version 2.3 specification

I am going to check the Bios after I send this but there is so much stuff in there I am not sure what is what, some of it I know but, well you know.
Thanks in advance.

http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us/mb/...ent.php?S_ID=26

By the way, I also went into Ubuntu and had no sound at all, browsers or media player, I haven't figured out how to change sound ports there though. The Bios didn't help me at all. I am now going to look for an updated driver. Other than that I am afraid it's a motherboard issue.

Back