• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No Diablo 3 In 2011 Says Activision.... Well Maybe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the way i see it is blizzard controls 3 major game types
RPG - diablo series
RTS - starcraft series
MMO - WOW series

and with this control, they can essentially do what ever they so please. what blizzard fan is not going to buy one of their games new or old due to game delays?!

What about WC, WC2 and Wc3? They were all fantastic RTS games, and some people think they are better RTS games than the SC series (me :) )

One thing that amazes me about past Blizzard games like WC3 and Diablo 2 is the fact they still sell for over $20.00 at most places, some are still $30.00, after all these years. Granted they are bundle packs, but still.

They announced D3 3 years ago... My theory is that they want to end the WoW stuff as the game is getting old and launching a new game of the same genre would kill their potential income of a new and last expansion. As they had less and less new player coming, their current (geek) players had less and less fun as every1 were as good as them = less self esteem so they had to finish the game. :( QQ no moar WoW, if I had invest my days in that I'd kill myself knowing that! xD

One thing that amazes me about past Blizzard games like WC3 and Diablo 2 is the fact they still sell for over $20.00 at most places, some are still $30.00, after all these years. Granted they are bundle packs, but still.

They are still fun :)

They announced D3 3 years ago... My theory is that they want to end the WoW stuff as the game is getting old and launching a new game of the same genre would kill their potential income of a new and last expansion. As they had less and less new player coming, their current (geek) players had less and less fun as every1 were as good as them = less self esteem so they had to finish the game. :( QQ no moar WoW, if I had invest my days in that I'd kill myself knowing that! xD

If D3 follows in the tradition of D1 and D2 it will not be the same genre of WoW. WoW is a massive time sink with "levels" that take a minimum of 30 or 45 minutes and can take upwards of 4 to 5 hours to only finish half of one.

"levels" in D2 and D1 took minutes, and its alot more just self gratifying hack and slash click fest. I mean on some fundamental level they share similarities, but diablo is a much quicker paced simplified mechanics kind of game.

I mean I can see some people switching over, but I don't know that it will be a wow killer.

wow is a dieing breed they over used it

its like that old chevy truck that you think will never die, but then you slowly see it falling apart then one day, bam its totaled

Perhaps, I don't play anymore. I just didn't/don't see D3 being the thing that kills it.

I can't wait for D3 though. Both D1 and D2 were bundles of fun until cheating destroyed them. Seems blizzard got a handle on cheating with WoW though, rampant cheating at least, economy destroying amount of duping cheating, so hopefully D3 will follow in WoW's footsteps in that regaurd.

d3 wont kill wow, wow is just dieing on its own and blizzard is releasing these games to cover their budget for the current huge losses in wow players

As much as I hate waiting I'm with most when I say I'll wait all day. I always can count on Blizzard games being good from the start and I expect d3 will be the same....BTW what does Activision have to do with Blizzard's game?

what happened to the good ol days where companies were not owned by other companies

4-5 years for a super quality game. Look at Bethesda and Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim. If anyone says theyre not quality games then youre high. 12+ years is just plain crazy, especially since theve been teasing us this whole time. For that kind of wait the game better make sandwitches or cure cancer.

I'd rather wait for a quality game.

If I want a lot of really bad games, I'll take a look at EA.

They can take as much time as they need, in my opinion. Same with Bioware. There are plenty of mediocre games coming out, if I want that. I'll be glad to wait for the excellent games.

I agree with these two comments.

What about WC, WC2 and Wc3? They were all fantastic RTS games, and some people think they are better RTS games than the SC series (me :) )

I'd love to see a Warcraft 4. I'd probably pee myself if I thought about it too long. Warcraft 3 was amazing: I used to spend every evening on Battle.net. They've probably got the engine (Starcraft 2) but it'd take a lot of work to develop a good story line etc.

I'd expect it to be 2014 at the earliest, if they did explore that avenue. Presumably Starcraft II "B" and Diablo 3 are top priority at the moment, then Starcraft II "C".

Back