• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7700k correct voltages

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jamezz23

Hey guys, i've been pointed to this forum to get some of your expertise on the voltages for the 7700k. Ill start by saying when I bought this PC I didn't know much of anything about PC's, I haven't even played a PC game since the Diablo 2 days, so I went out and bought a pre built PC. Yes, I know its not the best way to go, but for my knowledge at the time it probably was best. As far as the machine, I'm still very happy with it, its the iBUYPOWER BB931, liquid cooled 7700k, GTX 1080, decent machine and my local Best Buy was having a deal for 1,400 something ( can't remember exact price ) so I swiped it up, didn't think it was too bad of a deal to be honest, and still don't.

But anyway, I started to track temps and found out about the 7700k's issues on running hot, temp spikes and what not. Over on the intel forum, I got the information on a few voltages to edit to reduce heat, these are the ones I've edited so far, CPU SA Voltage-1.00v CPU IO Voltage-1.050v CPU PLL OC Voltage-1.080. Just changing to those I've seen a major reduction in temps, where I was seeing up to 83-85 Celsius during gaming, now in the games that I play it doesn't go above 60c!

However there is one more voltage I cant seem to get it to stick, and thats the CPU Core Voltage, which is the Vcore right? Anyways under little to no load on the CPU, on HWMONITOR I can see that it sends 1.325v to the CPU, thats on stock clock, everything is stock except the voltages I mentioned earlier. I have it set to adaptive, and at 1.20v but it still goes beyond that for some reason. Now I lowered the Core voltage to 1.19v to see if it would lower the voltages it sent, but my computer was hanging up and wouldn't start up, so I had to reset the BIOS battery. Do you have any advice on what I should do to get that voltage down? The CPU getting 1.325v on stock clock is in fact too much right? Alls I'm trying achieve is the lowest temps possible at stock clocks. Maybe one day when I get the courage to delid my chip I'll then think about overclocking, but thats not in my near future. If it matters my Motherboard is the Z270 PC MATE (7A-72). Looking forward to hearing what you have to say! Thanks!

Back