• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No idea what is going on

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So the issue came back again. Started swapping out parts. Third thing I tried was the power supply and boom, everything is working again. Guess it's time to get a new one. Kind of disappointed being this one is only a few years old...

I shouldn't even be surprised! The Sabertooth 990 FX is supposed to be a tough cookie!

The Sabertooth 990 FX, is the one I got, but haven't even opened the motherboard box yet, LOL.

I got the Sabertooth 990 FX R 2.0 to go in place of the Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P 1.0 (My Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P was made in 2013)

Version 2.0 of the Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P is obvious with a black box with blue lettering.

The version of the Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P I have, came in a white box with red lettering.

Last edited:
Jesus mother of god...it was not the power supply. I install the new PS and it ran find for 2 days and now it's having issues again. I guess swapping out the PS and the computer working fine was pure coincidence. I'm about ready to chunk a 50lb computer out the window. More problems rearing their ugly head now too. I checked temps and there are fine. Even pulled the CPU out and did a "touch it test" and the chip was cool.

At this point in I can post but cant boot into windows, which is not new. But even worse - I cant get the computer to boot into windows setup. It freezes about 75% through the windows load from the CD. I want to start swapping parts again but I feel like that wont get me anywhere because I could just get a placebo that makes my computer feel better...

Might just be time to switch to Intel a little sooner than planned...

Back