• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED No Post after CPU cooler change

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes ..... Things have been hecktic lately and regrettedly I cut some corners with my changeing coolers. Been doing this long enough I should know better but sometimes we can all be caught by overconfidence and cut corners in what we do. This case is unique and in sone ways a pain in the but .... If I hadn't won it I never would own one though for the right person an use it is a nice case.

I'm just finishing up work and will get this all changed over tonight .... Then back to packing.

Too bad you couldn't get it going. At least you checked everything possible + all problem areas. Lesson learned on cutting corners, I'm sure. Good luck with your future endeavors.

System booted fine once the new board was in ...... eaven ran enough I could get my files I needed before it crashed. I doubt it liked the old drivers very much so looks like a fresh install coming once I get settled. I have way to much to do right now to worry about that.

Thanks for the help and suggestions guys .......

:DRGone's post about cushioning and mounting of MBs is dead on. I've used a similar method for years after "flexing" MBs and ruining them in the past. Perhaps a sticky is in order in the General MB section.

I will also note that over-tightening of screws for the MB-to-tray and HS backplate can be a concerning issue as well. Screws should never be more than finger tight, 1/4 turn past contact as these are all small screws with small tensioning requirements.:D

Back