• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No wonder I started seeing artifacts..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GT2000

Couple days ago started sounding like a fan was dying out, figured it was one of my tons of case fans, cpu fan looked fine, that's all I was worried about. Around the same time, started seeing freezeups in Vice City every 15-20 seconds, lasting 5-10 seconds. Put my card back at default core/mem, ran fine. At first wasn't affecting any other games, then started seeing artifacts in UT2k3 main menu right off the bat..

Well, I was looking for an excuse to buy a new video card, but this wasn't what I was thinking!

*note*
I know I could just get a new gpu fan, but, I've been meaning to get a new card anyways! I'll probably get a new gpu fan sometime later to re-use the card in another system. For now, I just clocked the GPU to 150 core, and won't play any games.

That's what I was thinking of doing, even with the fan dying out on it (when the system boots, it starts, then has a grinding sound to it, and starts to basically spin slowly and choppily), it still runs games just fine, no artifacts at stock speeds, etc. And the card is awesome, 315/570 stock cooling, and since I bought it for $100 brand new last august, I'd have no problem parting with it for cheap.

So, keep an eye out in the classifieds within the next few weeks peeps.

I take it the card you are talking about is the one in your sig? Why not just replace the fan and then see how high you can get it, if you are going to buy a new one anyway. It can't hurt! :)

That's the other thing I was thinking about doing, however, I got this card dirt cheap brand new off a bud, I've had it for almost a year, and if I sell it for half of what I got it for, well worth my money, in other words, I'd rather sell this card cheap to someone who could use it, let them do the mod themself (giving them the choice), rather than waste my time on it.

This sounds like my problem. Im getting lock ups that can for a manual shutdown, or lock ups that stop for a bit then work again. I also get the clicking sound sometimes. I have an MSI ti4200 64mb. The difference with mine is, I get bsod, and it gives me info on changing memory, so maybe it could mean memory on the card? I dont know but this sucks ***. This threads kind of old, I may have to send a pm.

GT2000 said:
Couple days ago started sounding like a fan was dying out, figured it was one of my tons of case fans, cpu fan looked fine, that's all I was worried about. Around the same time, started seeing freezeups in Vice City every 15-20 seconds, lasting 5-10 seconds. Put my card back at default core/mem, ran fine. At first wasn't affecting any other games, then started seeing artifacts in UT2k3 main menu right off the bat..

Well, I was looking for an excuse to buy a new video card, but this wasn't what I was thinking!

*note*
I know I could just get a new gpu fan, but, I've been meaning to get a new card anyways! I'll probably get a new gpu fan sometime later to re-use the card in another system. For now, I just clocked the GPU to 150 core, and won't play any games.

OMG, i posted this SAME thread a few weeks ago...rather then buy a new card i put a cpu cooler on it and overclocked it more then before

Back