• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noctua Industrial IP67 Fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ATMINSIDE

Sim Racing Aficionado Co-Owner
For those of you that don't know, IP rating something means it is some level of dust and/or water resistant or proof.
IP67 means the item in question is completely dust proof and is also water proof up to 1m submersion.

Noctua has made a 120mm and 140mm fan that meets the IP67 rating.

Here's a video I found on the web of someone testing one of these fans:

My review of Noctua iPPC fans just went live on Vortez (link). I must admit that I didn't try to actually run the fans under water. I just dunked the IP67's for 15 min.

My review of Noctua iPPC fans just went live on Vortez (link). I must admit that I didn't try to actually run the fans under water. I just dunked the IP67's for 15 min.

Looks like the fans performed at or even beyond their spec in most cases!

Those are some seriously impressive airflows through a 30fpi radiator too!

It nice.... but why the needs for IP67 specification? all this water resistant lead to a higher price tag. Other application may need water resistant fan. For PC, it a waste of money for higher price tag.

well, if i ever want to to build a miniature remote controlled submarine, i now know where to look...
oh wait.. depth no more as 1 meter
So, it'll have to be a boat then... mind you, not a speedboat.. the shape of teh blades is all wrong

:D

It nice.... but why the needs for IP67 specification? all this water resistant lead to a higher price tag. Other application may need water resistant fan. For PC, it a waste of money for higher price tag.

This is why they still have the normal Industrial lineup, for people that don't need the IP67 rating.

I can see this being used in any application that would be outside, not necessarily just for PCs.

BruceUSA, could it be it was just a "side affect" of the dust proof rating (IP6X)? Once you keep dust out, worth it to go the extra little bit to make them waterproof and label them industrial. A fan is a fan, while electronics don't like moisture, nothing is really keeping somebody/company from using them in a possibly damp environment for other cooling uses.

Edit: Beaten by ATMINSIDE. Dang, that fast typer.

because somebody will love this fan so much, so he will bath the fan after he's shutting down his PC :rofl:

I just tested my 140mm ip67 2000rpm today on my new heatsink. it seems to be tied with the thermalright ty-140 at 1300rpm as far as cooling and it can go way faster. also if anyone was wondering, you can take off the brown pads on the corners at which point it's just a really nice black fan.

Last edited:
Edit: Beaten by ATMINSIDE. Dang, that fast typer.

The mechanical keyboard helped me a ton ;)

I just tested my 140mm ip67 2000rpm today on my new heatsink. it seems to be tied with the thermalright ty-140 as far as cooling and it can go way faster. also if anyone was wondering, you can take off the brown pads on the corners at which point it's just a really nice black fan.

Were the pads easy to remove?

For this level of fan I almost expect it to have vibration dampers, and if they're easily removed it doesn't effect anyone that doesn't want them.

The mechanical keyboard helped me a ton ;)

Were the pads easy to remove?

For this level of fan I almost expect it to have vibration dampers, and if they're easily removed it doesn't effect anyone that doesn't want them.
they pull right off. they sort of wrap around the corner and have 2 pins that go through a couple holes. they feel like soft rubber or silicone and can be removed and put back on in a couple seconds without breaking anything.

they pull right off. they sort of wrap around the corner and have 2 pins that go through a couple holes. they feel like soft rubber or silicone and can be removed and put back on in a couple seconds without breaking anything.

Awesome!

I waterproofed a Panaflo 120 by disassembling it and potting the windings and circuit board in clear 5 min. Epoxy. It's easier with a pany because the hydro wave bearing is in a sleeve that extends all the way up through the windings so there's no fear of gumming it up.
It was used as an exhaust fan on my bong evaporative water cooler, so was constantly subjected to humidity and mist....the bong is long gone, but the Panaflo is around here somewhere..

Since need drives industry, I'd bet that they're used somewhere industrially, but it confuses me how they get onto a water coolers site for anything other than the cool factor (and maybe an obnoxious color change).
Geeks...:shrug:

Last edited:
Back