• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noctua NF-S12A-FLX vs NF-A14 for 2x top exhaust.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aquitain3

Registered
I want to fill my dual-top exhaust slots. I heard that the NF-s12A was better for this job but the big 140s (a14) will fill the space and maybe have best pressure.

If I go with the 120mmm s12a's, I will have gaps but you will notice the the decibel to cfm ratio is WAAAY in favor of this fan when running in low voltage modes.

Ideally, I want a lot of CFM but I want square 140s

Thanks

140mm
http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=52&lng=en

120mm
http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=55&lng=en

Get the 140mm ones. Noctua fans are so quiet you won't hear them at full speed anyway.

ok. 140 is the best choice for my 140 top vents but are some of the 120mm fans moving air farther and faster than the 140 models which are simply moving MORE air?

edit: Thanks for answering my original question. This is an additional question.

ok. 140 is the best choice for my 140 top vents but are some of the 120mm fans moving air farther and faster than the 140 models which are simply moving MORE air?

edit: Thanks for answering my original question. This is an additional question.

I'm not sure what you mean, the 140mm fans have a higher pressure and higher airflow than the 120mm fans.

No need for ULNA, they're silent on full bore.

I come here for advice from more experienced people but I definitely question the full accuracy of that last comment. I find that my p14's are audible above 80%. Can't wait to get the new ones and look forward to you being correct ;)

Thanks

I come here for advice from more experienced people but I definitely question the full accuracy of that last comment. I find that my p14's are audible above 80%. Can't wait to get the new ones and look forward to you being correct ;)

Thanks

Yeah, the new A14 is quieter than the old P14 is.

The NF-A14 has the same motor and blade assembly as the NF-A15. Both are outstanding fans.

I did a review of the A-series here. The A14/A15 are your best bet. They are indeed quieter than the NF-P14.

I use a PWM-controlled 140mm fan as a top intake. You will never go wrong getting a PWM fan (as long as you are already buying an expensive fan).

Whenever you can, use a 140mm fan rather than a 120mm fan. So NF-A14/15 rather than an NF-S12A.

Back