• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noctua NH-D14

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BruceUSA

Noctual NH-D14 come with 1 120mm and 1 140mm fan. It is possible to run 2 140mm fan? I want to replace the 120mm fan with a new fan that is 140mm and is 2000prm. Or any recommandation for 120mm and 140mm with 2000rpm capable fan.

It should be, if you can get a second set of wires that are sized for a 140mm fan.

Not sure if there are any 140mm 2k fans, the whole point of the 140mm was silence.

Any reason you need that kind of fannage though? The cooler does a great job as is.

The way the NH-D14 is designed, it's optimized for quietness and doesn't scale all that well with higher speed fans.

Coolers with a denser fin stack (such as the original TRUE) scale better with more airflow.

The way the NH-D14 is designed, it's optimized for quietness and doesn't scale all that well with higher speed fans.

Coolers with a denser fin stack (such as the original TRUE) scale better with more airflow.

Alright... I am gonna leave it as it. I am done with cooling stuff. :) thank you to all for your expertise. :thup:

Last edited:
However, if you use the Samsung ultra-low-profile RAM you could use a front 140mm fan, if your case will allow it. As noted above, a front 140mm fan will only get you 1-2c better cooling, but it will be quieter than a 120mm fan.

Back