• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Non-conductive fluid?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Short answer is no, long answer is that some dyes will last longer than others, but in either situation to avoid complications expect to clean your loop far more frequently than loops without dye.

Short answer is no, long answer is that some dyes will last longer than others, but in either situation to avoid complications expect to clean your loop far more frequently than loops without dye.

I see, the nuke stuff can that be purchased local or do i have to order it online?

Let me ask you a question. If Dye is so bad or premix, why does Jayztwocents recommend them? I am just curious as to why.

My best guess; he's sponsored by those companies to recommend them.

What kind of fluid were you using and brand? Nano fluid?
Those aren't my pics, I've only used Distilled water and I and H dead water. I took the liberty of saving those pictures from one of the horror stories ive seen posted here when people use dyes and don't maintain the system. Which, when using dyes you need to do a lot more often then when just using what has been suggested above. Just to be blatantly honest with you, I feel you're totally overthinking this whole thing. If you want color, get colored tubing, either way just use distilled water and silver coil and/or some biocide and call it a day. Forget about all the so called "better" liquids that are out there unless you're mixing metals you need nothing other then what has been suggested.

As just an example, my Fx8350 has been running for the better part of 3 years on just distilled and I and H dead water without issue. I use this rig at least 10 hours a day straight during the week overclocked to 4.7.

Yea, good chance!

- - - Updated - - -

Those aren't my pics, I've only used Distilled water and I and H dead water. I took the liberty of saving those pictures from one of the horror stories ive seen posted here when people use dyes and don't maintain the system. Which, when using dyes you need to do a lot more often then when just using what has been suggested above. Just to be blatantly honest with you, I feel you're totally overthinking this whole thing. If you want color, get colored tubing, either way just use distilled water and silver coil and/or some biocide and call it a day. Forget about all the so called "better" liquids that are out there unless you're mixing metals you need nothing other then what has been suggested.

As just an example, my Fx8350 has been running for the better part of 3 years on just distilled and I and H dead water without issue. I use this rig at least 10 hours a day straight during the week overclocked to 4.7.

Yea true, Thanks! I don't have the PK nuke stuff, can I still build the setup while I order it in?

Yea true, Thanks! I don't have the PK nuke stuff, can I still build the setup while I order it in?

Go to the pet store and buy some liquid copper sulfate like I mentioned before. That's what PT Nuke is.

Go to the pet store and buy some liquid copper sulfate like I mentioned before. That's what PT Nuke is.

Oh okay I will make notes of that. Thanks!, how many drops do you put 2 or 3 once the loop is up and running?

I first became a fan of it back in the '60s. We used 1 lb. on a 1 acre fishing pond topped with algae. Next day the algae had all sunk to the bottom and the blue gill fishing was a blast.

OP, as its been said, use PrimoChill Advanced color tubing and add some RGB LEDs for more colors if it isn't enough. Colored fluids are more for show rigs at venues and such.

he mentioned in this video that he is not sponsored by them
along with all the other drama and arguments with a customer service rep he got in with mayhams over the pastel fluid that spanned across youtube, twitter, and facebook
mayhams was the brand of orange dye he used in his custom hardline rebuild

he also mixed it with primochill clear fluid but I have no idea on their quality of fluid or if he is sponsored by them

Back