• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noob OCer With Weird Bios. Please Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mawsoccer

Is my e6600 running at 3.2ghz or 3.6ghz?

Here Are My Specs:

Asus P5B-Deluxe
Intel Core Duo e6600 L631A
eVGA 7600GT KO 256MB
2 x 1GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2-1000
Samsung 18X DVDRW Combo
Thermaltake Armor Balck Tower case w/ 25 cm Fan
OCZ GameXtreme 600W PSU

Is it normal for the 25 cm fan to be touching the top of my Tuniq Tower?

What setting would you recommend me to OC at?

What programs are most reliable for Vcore and Temp readings?

What programs should I use to test stability?

I hope to run at around 3ghz daily and maybe 3.6ghz every once in a while. Are there problems with my temps that would prevent this?

What is a good vCore for 24/7 use on an e6600?

Please give me some answers and suggestions.

Last edited:
I would trust the CPU-Z rating above the others, so I'd venture to say you're in fact running at 3.2GHz. Did you reduce the multiplier manually yourself? It seems like you're good in shape, 1.45v is a good comfy place to start IMHO. The Tuniq Tower is a great heatsink and will do a good job. You seem to be in pretty good shape as it is. I don't understand what you mean about the fan touching the top of the Tuniq though.

For Orthos you only need to run 1 of them to load both CPU's. As well recommend just using the Small FFT's since that will stress the CPU the most and not mess with the ram.

Temp wise looks good, might be a bit high on the voltage for that speed but overall good. Alot of other programs will pick up what orthos is saying for speeds (3D mark will as well which sucks for comparison sake). CPU-z is accuratly showing your current speed though.

core temp will read incorrect speeds if you drop your multi too (when i was running 400x8 it told me i was running 450x8!!) and the asus AI boost thing would read 3200 for about 5 seconds then say i was running at 3600. i guess the asus program looks at your fsb and multiplies it by the default multi and doesn't read the real multi.

Sorry to break into this thread, I'm about to run Orthos for the first time and
what should I set priority value to? thanks ( still a little noobish):santa:
Any other advice???

Stebly said:
Sorry to break into this thread, I'm about to run Orthos for the first time and
what should I set priority value to? thanks ( still a little noobish):santa:
Any other advice???

You can set it to what ever you like. I leave it alone usually since I use my PC when its Priming. But if you do nothing on the system when its running crank it up to 10. Be warned you won't beable to do ANYTHING at that speed. It would feel like your back in the 1980's with system response.

deathman20 said:
You can set it to what ever you like. I leave it alone usually since I use my PC when its Priming. But if you do nothing on the system when its running crank it up to 10. Be warned you won't beable to do ANYTHING at that speed. It would feel like your back in the 1980's with system response.
Thanks very much, I've got Memtest86+ on a bootable cd and have run many
passes of #5 & #8 as well as all others, 0 errors at this point, overnight test
coming,

Back