• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

noob q's about WOW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
update, i played it for about 2 hours, went on a quest, died, walked back to my body 3 times and kept getting killed again as soon as i woke up. (f-ing spiders) got mad, and uninstalled it. screw it, id rather play bf or anything on my 360/ other consoles. thanks for the advice anyways.

NOThelagak said:
update, i played it for about 2 hours, went on a quest, died, walked back to my body 3 times and kept getting killed again as soon as i woke up. (f-ing spiders) got mad, and uninstalled it. screw it, id rather play bf or anything on my 360/ other consoles. thanks for the advice anyways.

Good choice! I started WOW back in open beta and played until my 6 month subscription was up when I got the retail version. The game sucks the life out of you. For the entire 6 months all I did was WOW, eat and sleep. Did not help that all my friends played WOW. I only went out like once or twice a month. My "friends" want me to come back but I've been clean for too long to just throw it all away! :D

I just started playing also I'm a blood elf paladin. The server I play on though has 60x xp and 40x loot making it much more fun.

Last edited:
Colton H said:
Hunter is the easiest and get owned pretty fast in bg. There fun to play I guess. I am a Undead Warlock, by far my fav. Mage's are fun also. Don't be a hunter though not very good...

/disagree

I had 29 twink hunter and that was a blast to play. Whenever I wanted to completely own ppl in bg's I would jump on him. Prolly had something to do w/ being a twink, but it was so hard for ppl to kill that toon in bg's.

Hunters can put some serious hurt on ppl when played right. I cancled my account last week(need time/money :( ), but my main was a mage. As a mage, I can normally smoke hunters, but there are a few that I couldnt touch at all. Hunters can put out some serious Damage Per Second in end game, and are relatively easy to level/solo stuff b/c of the pet.

My suggestion, if you like pvp/arena, is to roll a paladin. As of right now paladin's are the best healers for 2v2, 3v3, or 5v5. High end 5v5 always has at least 1, many times 2.

Karnal said:
If you want to completely dominate roll a Warlock. They are uber overpowered and all kinds of fun. I have a 70 hunter as well and its fun but once I started my lock I never looked back.

QFT, especially in tier 3 with uber enchants. 5.3K crit, anyone? Those mortal strike warriors sure do hate me :)

Redstone said:
Agree. I started with a shaman and all the way up to the end never had a class replace it as the main. Totems were so much fun to manage, along with dps and healing and then radically switching play styles by respecing. Lots of fun

The only thing is its much harder to gear a shaman since you need healing, spell and melee gear sets depending on the situation/role you are filling. Multiple sets of gear, let alone 1 good set of gear is hard for a noob to come by. Atleast it used to be before I quit playing.

Back