• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official Diablo III Discussion Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The Gidbinn has so much D2 flavor :D

Update

- Added the new Crusader intro video to the original post.

Xion I used to run with the pestilence locust and cloud of bats but the mana cost went through the roof for locust. How are you getting past that?

Vampire bats now has zero channeling cost. Only costs the initial mana to cast.
High attack speed, Fetish Sycophants, Vampire Bats and WoZ wrecking crew = 5-10 fetish out at any given time.
WoZ clumps them up nice for a locust > Bats massacre
Great fun. Reminds me of my skelemancer from D2

My damage is still low, so I throw in locust just to clean up packs faster.
I'd bet with more damage, it's not even necessary... those little Fetishes put out some crazy damage

Last edited:
Found my first legendary that was awesome. Couldn't even find a non-legacy version on the AH to compare it to just yet. Added maybe almost +10k to my previously meager damage rating.

EDIT-Added pic

Attachments

• mace.jpg
    mace.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Updated the OP with the Crusader intro text and the skill calculator link from the official class page that was just went live.

I was not even aware of all of the updates when I just randomly decided to play D3 again. I was really angry when it installed all kinds of large updates to the game because I just wanted to play and I couldn't for quite a while.

I had stopped playing because it was just too hard for no good reason and after working all day, it wasn't any fun.

Now, it plays like it should, I may even have to move up a difficulty level from "Normal" now. :bday:

Heh...I've just been messing around on Torment I mostly when I am playing by myself. If we are doing clan runs tho we usually jump up to Torment III or IV. Haven't tried VI yet!

I've only done Torment 6 (1-40) for power leveling friends' new chars to ~40 in two Cain runs (~20 minutes).

Expert (60) is as high as I feel safe with 80K DPS and 900K Toughness. I've played some Master (60) and it's not too bad, but there's definitely more potential for death.

I've read the Crusader doesn't tank as well as the Barb or Monk and resource management is slow.

Best I am doing now is Act I on Expert. And I don't even have more than 60K DPS on my chars. Surely nothing near 900K toughness. Once in a while an elite mob will make me use a potion.

I hope that's not the case. From looking at his skills on the new class page, it seems like he would be an insane tank. I'm looking forward to trying him out to see for myself.

I'm running solo torment1 with 60k dps and 200k toughness on my WD. Though truthfully I'd have to kite alot less and have fast kills/looting if i dropped down. I just like the challenge.

I hope that's not the case. From looking at his skills on the new class page, it seems like he would be an insane tank. I'm looking forward to trying him out to see for myself.

It had to do with the 30% damage reduction that Barbs and Monks get, but he will not get. I am guessing Blizzard is making him the goto sword/shield character to compensate. And is suppose to be midrange...not toe to toe.

I imagine the way crusader works will be tweaked a lot by the release of RoS and throughout the first few weeks of it going live. Anyone else besides me having really terrible luck with drops? I still find 1-2 legendaries per act but often I see people in my public parties linking items and patterns every 20 minutes lol.

Also +1 to wizards being overpowered. Currently playing a purely fire based (plus archon for elite packs) and its just insane, on a good crit my meteor does 9 million :)

Roughly 170k with magic weapon and familiar activated with maybe 300-400k toughness tops. I've noticed you can get away with having lower than average toughness as long as you're careful and play lower torments. Currently farming torment 1 as its much easier to clear.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/swingline-1615/hero/11456744

If anyones curious :) My bracers are out of date, currently using a piece of crafted to go along with the rest of my demon skin. Went for fire damage % + int/vit and i think it rolled armor sadly.

Finally got the RoS. Now it works at taking my money. Ha

Anyways still going at it, still fun and much more enjoyable than pre-2.0 patch.

Back