• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official Diablo III Discussion Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks for posting all the patch information. I'm hopeful that these changes fix the game but what I don't like is that they have the audacity to sell an expansion for a game that barely feels like its passed the beta stages.

And charging 40 @*&( bucks for it...

Some of it looks nice but damn after what we went through getting the game originally and taking what a year to fix it?

I know I loaded it up first time in probably 6 months the other day. Some of the changes seem nice but have to get use to it first.

I didn't have the chance to try the RoS beta so I can't comment on the expansion, but the 2.0.1 patch is amazing. I don't even notice the only downside, Bound on Account, since I'm usually partied with friends and we can swap uniques and sets around when we get them.

I have high hopes for RoS as well after seeing how much the patch has improved the game for me.

One thing I've noticed which doesnt make much sense is their primary secondary affix system. It seems like 95% of the rares that drop are awful and the legendaries are still pretty hit or miss.

I am loving this patch, game "feels" so much better, as in it's fun
The balance between mob hp and damage with increased difficulties seems more sane.

I had about 5 Legendaries drop for me last night in a 4 hour period. Not sure if that's par for the course on this patch or not but better drop rate than when I stopped playing a few months ago. The 50% Bonus XP + Pools of Reflection is a nice boost, especially for me since I am still Para L50 on my Barb.

One thing I've noticed which doesnt make much sense is their primary secondary affix system.

The purpose of separating the affix pool into primary and secondary is to make sure that the highly desirable affixes (primary) are not fighting for a spot on the item with the less desirable (secondary) affixes. This takes a lot of the RNG out of the item rolls.

It seems like 95% of the rares that drop are awful and the legendaries are still pretty hit or miss.

This is the complete opposite of what I've experienced so far, and it goes against the point of loot 2.0 and the primary/secondary affix separation (maybe you're just insanely geared from the AH which makes it so much harder to find an upgrade from drops :shrug:). One of my favorite features of legendary drops now is that previously low-level legendaries can now drop with high item level (based on your character level), so that useless, crappy, low level legendary with a cool unique mod can now drop at item level 63 with affixes appropriate for an item of that level which could make it viable.

I had about 5 Legendaries drop for me last night in a 4 hour period. Not sure if that's par for the course on this patch or not but better drop rate than when I stopped playing a few months ago. The 50% Bonus XP + Pools of Reflection is a nice boost, especially for me since I am still Para L50 on my Barb.

Five in 4 hours definitely isn't the norm. Were they any good?

Last edited:
Well got about 2 hours into the new game... yup big difference this patch did. Even started a new character.

Now I am happy about the game, and they got it ironed mostly out. Just sad it didn't happen sooner.

Just like with SC2, it seems like it takes an expansion to make the game enjoyable (granted they include a lot via a major patch without you needing the expansion). Although SC2's expansion/patches contain more content and enhancements. With D3, it seems like they really screwed it up from the beginning and are reinventing the wheel at this point. Auction houses best evidence of that.

Anyway, I would get back into this and play it with my son just to enjoy it together. But I can't drop money on Blizzard's games that almost never drop in price. Thank goodness for the SC2 spawning system....that was huge.

Last edited:
I started reinstalling this last night... Won't get a chance to play it til later this week with work and other stuff though.. Curious to see all these changes. :)

I tried it for 30 minutes. Lag bubble several times initially while fighting an elite mob. I also swear that while idling at the main menu, it forced me into my own game.....without me even clicking anything. I thought I did something at first, but then it happened again later that night.

Hmm, maybe I'll give it a retry... I don't have much faith though because it will need to be a complete turn around for me play regularly again.

You definitely get more gold and more valuable items on drops now. Now I can possibly make decent money and still have a life. I'd look up more modern builds, but they are pretty designed for people who have millions of gold worth of gear and tons of paragon levels.

I'm hooked.
Game should have been like this from day 1. So great.
Depending on the quality of your gear, it could be a little touch and go the first hour or so, but once you get a few drops from the new 2.0 tables, you'll be crushing.

It's seriously like a whole new game now. Anyone who has quit the game should at least try the new patch out.

So I had a Barb that I left at think lvl 36. Started a Sorcerer and already lvl 26 and loving it since the patch. Getting good, rare even legendary drops which I never got before. Just in a 2 hour season, went from 33dps to almost 400dps. Playing the game on hard and its still relatively easy blasting these guys away :)

Course the XP boost is nice and not knocking that at all :)

Has anyone had issues buying the expansion pack via the blizzard store?

Back