• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

noobie questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok so i think i got it right now.

2-3.jpg

see it looks like its running two of them or using both cores. I played COD4 last night and folded and things ran fine!!

also does this boot up look ok now?

runn.jpg

The log is a bit small to read real clearly, but three problems:
1) Ask before connecting Yes, should be No

2) Use IE connection settings Yes, should also be No.

You'll be unable to get another WU with #2 set up as yes.

Stop the client, and either start them with the -config option flag, or delete the client.cfg file, and when you restart the client, it will see that you don't have a client.cfg file, and be kicked into setup mode to make a new one.

Do you really want the client to STOP and wait for your OK before connecting to Stanford? I'd lose hours and hours of folding if I did that.

3) Using standard loops.
Previous termination was improper.

Standard loops are horribly slow. Stop the client ONLY by clicking on the client's window and then pressing Ctrl-c down (if it's a foreground program), or using the service manager, if it's installed as a service. (Right click on the service, and choose Stop from the pull down list).

It will help if you add the start up option flag -forceasm to the FAH client. If you need help with that, let us know.

Back