• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Now That I Chose Mag3 How to fit it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
usually, some lay it atop a spongy type material. Basically, anything soft and level will do. If you wan, you can go to the store and buy some dishwashing sponges and stick it to the under side of your pump with velcro or mounting tape.

soo... you decided to get a Danner... BTW, theres another thread on a broken Danner. But its up to you. I guess the aluminum is there because if you just put the pump on the mousepad, the mousepad wont provide good enough bass for the pump.

Hmm.. nice thought :)
anyway, I think I might try the new sys with my Eheim 1048 (600l/h) before buying a new pump.
I can get a nice 1200l/h for real cheap (Hydor Clone..)
(I have 1 submerged one but it's kinda crappy and I can't put a bucket in my case.. :D

So anyway do you think it'll work nice with lets say 1 wb and an Eheim 1048 (600l/h)?

Suma.

ILikeMy240sx said:
soo... you decided to get a Danner... BTW, theres another thread on a broken Danner. But its up to you. I guess the aluminum is there because if you just put the pump on the mousepad, the mousepad wont provide good enough bass for the pump.

DN1115.jpg

That doesn't look like a Mag3 to me ;)

If you don't want to mount it through your case like Giblet Suma, I've gotten away with velcro onto a bigger section of mousepad. His way is probably more stable but mine didn't vibrate enough to move out of place anyway.

Nice, GibletPlus. The design echos a philosophy I have been brewing for the last 24 hours. Mine is a bit more industrial, but takes up more room. If it turns out to be effective, I'll run around it with the digital.

I can get some storng double sided tape then gluing it like this:
pump1.JPG

what do you guys think?

Why 2 layers of aluminum? A new mousepad is pretty firm. If the double sided tape is strong enough it should work fine. What I meant with the velcro is a lot similar to that except: 2 layers of mousepad with velcro instead of tape and no aluminum.

I used the base with a mousepad and foam, and secured it with 4 screws and nuts. Then underneath my case I used a dremel to cut the screws so they weren't protruding so far. Worked pretty well.

Did you cut the pump? I mean like how did you used screws for the pump? (I'm talking about the Mag3)

Back