• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ntkrnlmp.exe not able to load...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alchemy1

For some reason my optical drives that were once bootable are not bootable any more so I am having to use floppies to install my OS. Well, I had W2K Pro installed on my computer, but it had a partial install of xp on the HDD and wanted to get rid of it so I reformatted and attempted to reinstall W2K Pro. This time when I tried to install starting with the floppies the first disk game me an error saying ntkrnlmp.exe not able to load error is code 7. If anybody could help me with this I would appreciate it. Could it be possible that my HDD is bad? I had a problem installing XP on it when the HDD was in my Compaq.

Ok thanks. I'll stop by the store on my way home from work and pick up some brand new floppies.

Thanks it was a bad disk. Now if I could figure out why I cannot install XP off of my CD I would be golden :), but at least I got this straight. Thank you once agian for you help on my oversight.

np, you did set the cd as the first boot device in the bios, right? if you did check jumper assignments on the drives. If they are on the same cable try using cable-select.

Back