• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia And Stanford Finalizing Folding@Home Client For GeForce GPUs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i dont like the point change, give GPU more points, guess cause they can complete faster but ya... GPU 24/7 full load?
well, running GPU is very specialized...and it does take 1 CPU and 1 GPU core to run the client, so it take a bit more hardware just to run it....so they try to make it worth more PPD to have people want to run it...because it does help a lot--not as general as the CPU, but it helps in a handful of specialized calculations.

Nice!! Now I can eeek out even more points and use my 8600GT for something. I'll run it 24/7 *not scared*

If it burns up, I'll let everyone know. Then I'll have an excuse to buy a better card.

Hmmm, over 100x faster, twice the heat, and an expensive dedicated GPU board as well, but only 1/2 the points of a quad...sound a bit crazy. :screwy: Well at least its better than 1/4 of the points like GPU1. Having been stung on the first GPU incarnation, I think I'll pass on #2.

hmmm i have it running now uses alot of cpu too around 73 % of my quad nvm thats with display open

anyway do i have this setup right or am i not suppose to have 32 without asking someone i never tried folding before

68633677sx1.png

ok first things first.. Keep the Display off.. it eats up so much reassures not even funny... running it on an 8800gtx with 2 cores for it, even though only using 1 core full.. just put 2 on because don't know what wu we might be getting more testing than any thing else.. also on the other 2 core have my VM running.. will let it run for the night and see what it get..

what i don't get is i am getting 2700 or so iter / sec that is what you are showing to for an 8800gt that can't be right...

alright but it doesnt seem to be doing anything with out the display open. also, if i installed the normal cpu console as a service so it dosnt come up when i start it how do i get it up so i can use ctrl c to stop it?

what i don't get is i am getting 2700 or so iter / sec that is what you are showing to for an 8800gt that can't be right...
i assume you mean me and is that bad? should i be getting less/more i have no idea what im doing im just letting that thing run in tray lol

19300734gn1.png

well hard to say i should be getting more or you should be getting less.. don't know yet with this client.... or we get the same but mine is done with less cpu help and ram... that is what i am trying to find out..

well mine barely using cpu now since i dont have the display open but once i click display my cpu goes to 74% but right now my cpu is fine and plus my multi drops to 6 so i know its not using really anything from cpu

72936029gq6.png

also does it keep on doing the same thing over and over i mean i went pass the first 5000000 already now its doing it a 2nd time is that normal does it just keep looping?
92031588wb1.png

ok got fahmon working my 8800gtx is running 4233 ppd and my 8800gt is running 2822ppd. not bad.. my GTX 2800 comes tomorrow so will be nice to see how much faster..

also use the driver that they tell you to...174.55 seems to work best for me.. even though newer driver worked this seems more stable.. but still testing..

that is on an 8800GT??? if so something is wrong with my setup's...
what driver you using??

wait you are OC to 765 core on that 8800gt... that might be it mine is stock....lol

Last edited:
How did you guys get Fahmon to work? :confused:

It took me a while to figure it out to. Open the log file for the F@H GPU client click on File and then Save As. You don't want to save, you just want that window open so you can open the Save In drop down menu at the top. That will show you where to point F@H monitor to locate your log file.

i did it by clicking properties on the gpu client launch.. copy that into the fahmon, take out the "" though.. one thing it does not seam to update all the time have to refresh...

i did it by clicking properties on the gpu client launch.. copy that into the fahmon, take out the "" though.. one thing it does not seam to update all the time have to refresh...

Ahhh, much easier. I didn't even think of that with the program set to load at startup.

Back