• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia Benchmarks GTX 480 Against Radeon 5870

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Almost matched it in power. There's always a fairly hefty price premium for the fastest card on the market, no matter how much faster it is. Until the 5970, the 295 was still the fastest card, and was/is $100-$200 cheaper than 5970.

Almost matched indeed, last time i checked they split the gaming benchmarks pretty evenly.
If you want to say that 1-4% in 50% of the games (and loosing 1-10% in 50% of the games) is worth a $70 to $100 price hike, be my guest.
Personally, i think a 50/50 split says they're matched in power.

I claim (or at least, I expected...) that nvidia could at least come with a card that's superior to any ATI card after showing up 6 months late.

Really...why? I mean, GPUs take years and years of development to go from conception to market; you think being a few months late to the party would result in a vast difference in card performance versus if that same GPU was released on time?

Back