• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nVidia Kepler GTX700 (600?) series info here ->

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No matter what, you'd still get better performance with a pair of 680's..

Agreed. But cooling one card vs two makes a diff for waterblocks, which helps on overclocking. And SLI on two 680's means you pretty much have to watercool, the first card in most mobos get VERY hot. Get a 690, stays cool, or WC and buy one WC block and possibly get better clocks on the 690 at a cheaper cost.

No matter what, you'd still get better performance with a pair of 680's..

You need to remember for a system like a p67-z68 and the new 77's, they all have limited bus bandwith compared to a socket 2011 system or x58. Throw in that most people dont have triple and quad sli capable systems. So going with a dual card setup is a better option vs a quad card setup for them.

I haven't look into how they are doing SLI and pcie bridging on the 600 series cards yet but i am making the assumption that they are capable of new pcie3.0 on the card (would be kinda pointless if they didn't right).

It has been revealed by Andrew Gibson aka Gibbo (OCUK Owner/Manager) that NVIDIA won’t be launching the Mid-Range GeForce GTX 660Ti till Q3 2012. When asked about the availability of NVIDIA’s upcoming GTX 670 and GTX 660Ti graphic cards, Gibbo unveiled that the 660Ti is approximately 6 months away from launch whereas the 670 launches this month.

:-/

Doesn't directly affect me (although considering it could drop prices elsewhere...)..

I don't want to pay £180 for a 7850 even if it is worth that, at this rate i'm going to start using that money for a new cooler and some more RAM

I don't think I can wait 6 months for a price drop lol. I've been putting up with bad graphics in BF3 for too long. Unless I let D3 distract me for 6 months, but can my system even play that on max? Should I just upgrade to a 7850 now or is there a better option for me?

Amazon won't ship them for 2-4 weeks though. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with TigerDirect's return policy. And Newegg is sold out!

Only thing is price, and brand preference between those two I guess. Extra vram might appeal some bf3 junkies :p and might come in handy if you intend to use a 2560x1440/1600p monitor with a dual 7870 setup eventually.

Is there even a reason to buy a 580 anymore with the 78xx series GPU's? 1200 core overclocks, 2GB of Vram put a hurting on them.

Good point, A brand new Dual Fan Asus 7870 is $350 and tantalizingly close to the GTX 580 in performance, but as good value as they are its not $260.

Trades blows... trades blows...with the 7870 coming out slightly on top in a some cases, especially with that heavy overclock (assuming its stable and you can run like that).

1100 core? That's it? ;)

Good point, A brand new Dual Fan Asus 7870 is $350 and tantalizingly close to the GTX 580 in performance, but as good value as they are its not $260.

This was announced today and someone over at HWBot hit 1400 core on air with it

http://hwbot.org/forum/showthread.php?p=170477

IMG_20120421_094804.jpg

9813m.png

Let's also not forget that we don't know what the ambient temps were, nor the core voltage :D

Back