• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nVidia Kepler GTX700 (600?) series info here ->

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The 650 has been out since the 660, I guess they are coming out with a 650 Ti.

By the specs it sounds like an underclocked 660 with 1gb of memory, with an option for 2gb. It would have to be in the $180 range for it to be worth it though but I bet it will be $199.99

The 650 has been out since the 660, I guess they are coming out with a 650 Ti.

By the specs it sounds like an underclocked 660 with 1gb of memory, with an option for 2gb. It would have to be in the $180 range for it to be worth it though but I bet it will be $199.99

What?. lol

That is one stupid amount. I would rather buy (and I will) GTX 660.

As much as I was waiting for GT or GTX 650, when it was released, it greatly disappointed me. Like really disappointed me!. It cant even beat GTX 550Ti.

GTX 650Ti is a fail too, even though it isn't, yet, released.

@ivanlabrie

That is old and lame. I am talking about new, most probably 100% real specifications. 192bit?. HA!. I will be surprised!.

@all, I am talking about Ti. Not simple 650.

Edit: More.

http://www.chiphell.com/thread-569874-1-1.html

Last edited:
What?. lol

That is one stupid amount. I would rather buy (and I will) GTX 660.

As much as I was waiting for GT or GTX 650, when it was released, it greatly disappointed me. Like really disappointed me!. It cant even beat GTX 550Ti.

GTX 650Ti is a fail too, even though it isn't, yet, released.

@ivanlabrie

That is old and lame. I am talking about new, most probably 100% real specifications. 192bit?. HA!. I will be surprised!.

@all, I am talking about Ti. Not simple 650.

Edit: More.

http://www.chiphell.com/thread-569874-1-1.html

The GTX 650 is crap, it should have never been called GTX.

The GTX 650 TI should be between 560 Ti and 570 performance IF they keep it 192 bit, which is not bad at all for the price point. But it they kill it with 128 bit, it may struggle to even keep up with a 560 Ti.

The GTX 650 is crap, it should have never been called GTX.

The GTX 650 TI should be between 560 Ti and 570 performance IF they keep it 192 bit, which is not bad at all for the price point. But it they kill it with 128 bit, it may struggle to even keep up with a 560 Ti.
Depends on what speed the memory is clocked at, if it maintains a good throughput it should be fine.

I would guess in the 5400-5600 range, it has to be lower than 660 which is 5800. The memory clock has less to do with it than 128 VS 192 bit. At 5400mhz, 128 bit would only be about 85 gb/s bandwidth but 192 bit would be around 115 gb/s.

No voltage control on Kepler worries me. Have you seen the latest Nvidia statement regarding that?
:/

no consumer easy to access voltage control. It makes sense from a business point of view. A lot of enthusiast's have been slamming the Classified series cards, and Lightening's in user feedback cause they don't understand what the cards are designed for Ie - Dice/ln2 runs, they are hot loud cards. I am sure this has something to do with these decisions.

What it means for overclockers. Well it means that you need to hardmod to get more control again. No easy access to voltage controls. It shouldn't keep extreme overclockers or those really interested in increasing voltage from doing it. It just means that you have zero warranty once you do that.

On a side note the VRM controls on alot of the reference 660+ cards are quite amazing for what they do by themselves. If you have the temperatures to allow it do what it wants it will automatically increase the voltages up to around 1.4volts. You won't be able to see this without hard voltage monitoring points but It does happen.

No voltage control on Kepler worries me. Have you seen the latest Nvidia statement regarding that?
:/

Yeah. That EVGA EVBot fiasco and green light rap.

Anyways, that is not a headache here. Seriously, I dont need to overclock them lil' cards and no one would buy them to break world records.

I will be surprised if Mr.GTX 650Ti beats 550Ti by a big margin let alone 560 or 560Ti.

It should easily destroy a GTX 550 Ti just by looking at the specs and should beat a 560 too.

A 660 is slightly better than 570 performance. The 650 Ti is meant to be the 560's replacement, which means it should be a hair stronger than it which lands right at 560 Ti performance. Which again, makes sense looking at the specs.

Back