• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nVidia Kepler GTX700 (600?) series info here ->

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
In case nobody has posted this yet, the GTX660 seems to be slotted for this summer. GK106 is rumoured to be the name, along with 786 shaders, 2Gram, 192 or 256bit. Price to be set around 300-350. I figure it will be around 350, and probably 375 for OC'd parts. I sense a very high clock on these cards will be easy to achieve..

I think there might be a typo? probably 768 shaders. Makes more sense, but a mere 18 shaders wont make a difference here no matter what.

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-gtx-660-launching-summer-priced-300350-usd/

Additional comment: Looks like the PERFECT card to SLI. 2GB buffer for two cards with ~700 cores @ high clocks = winnar.

What clocks and what cooling?

guess your talking to me? The standard Windforce cooler that comes on the gigabyte 670. 1313 core boost( dont ask me why it boosts to 1313 and not 1310 XD) and 150mhz offset on the memory too ( i have no idea what that takes it too overall, always confused how overclocking the RAM on the gfx card works. the original is 6008 mhz, but assume 150 mhz offset doesnt equate to 6150mhz?)

600x450px-LL-5d5d4da3_Bshrunk.jpeg
My windorce came yesterday :)
I can do about 1313 or so stable on the gpu, but I'm unsure of what is safe/stable for the memory.

nice pretty much the same as me. I ran into some issues while overlcocking my memory. Hit a roof of only 150mhz offset. Which is a little weird. I might get a logg on HW bot quickly when there are only like 10 entries :p get in the top 5 with my score hehe. I'm going to try and up my cpu clock to 5.2 just for a bench, and get my memory up too. Want to try and break 11k

BUGGER! ive got the benching bug again arggggg

nice pretty much the same as me. I ran into some issues while overlcocking my memory. Hit a roof of only 150mhz offset. Which is a little weird. I might get a logg on HW bot quickly when there are only like 10 entries :p get in the top 5 with my score hehe. I'm going to try and up my cpu clock to 5.2 just for a bench, and get my memory up too. Want to try and break 11k

BUGGER! ive got the benching bug again arggggg

free-MrBurnsExcellent.gif

GT 640 released (not that many here care but w/e)

http://www.evga.com/articles/00686/

Looking at the specs I'd guess it to be around gts 450 strength, which isn't too bad especially for a tiny little card with no 6 pin needed using 65w. Cute little thing too LOL I like the dual slot card it looks funny.

It's so cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!

I want one.
I want two, can they SLI? :D

They are small enough that you should be able to SLi them in the same PCI-express slot.

that will be good in a micro atx case like a cube, perfect for lan partys and mountain dew

That card has made me want to build a budget Matx system. sheet hope Diaz doesn't see this otherwise he might persuade me to actually do it XD

Tbh the 7750 beats it pretty comprehensively and is only £10 more

Well it's not the greatest as a gaming card, they kinda killed it for that with only 128 bit ddr3 memory.

But it is the same price as a 7750 here, so not a good gaming value at all.

Thats common for cards at that price level, Its much cheaper to have a narrow IO system for the memory, and to make use of DDR3 instead of GDDR3/4/5. Its a Value card afterall, Its got a extremely low number of cores comparitively. A low number of power phases, similar to cards in its Price point. Probably Good canidate for Some Zombie action :D

Humm low price to, I think I'll pick one up after I get paid next week, Then Toss the EVGA Untouchable on it :D ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE INCOMING :D

Well it's not the greatest as a gaming card, they kinda killed it for that with only 128 bit ddr3 memory.

But it is the same price as a 7750 here, so not a good gaming value at all.

indeed. Ive been looking at building a matx gaming rig and i can get one built with the following specs

i5 2500k
8GB DDr3 1600mhz
BitFenix Prodigy Case
Gigabyte SKT-1155 Z77M-D3H Motherboard
OCZ 120 gb ssd
Corsair CMPSU-430CXV2UK Builder Series CX430V2
AMD 7750

Grand total + p&p?

£530! bwhahaha. I'm seriously considering this, maybe + a more expensive gfx card for LAN parties ( could always just swtich my 670 into it for when i want to do proper gaming sessions). Lugging around my 800D is a mission, specially with a couple of litres of water in it

Lets compare that to the mac mini (starts at £529)

2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
2GB memory
500GB hard drive1
Intel HD Graphics 3000
OS X Lion

admittedly mine is missing an OS in that price.

If your going for a truely small setup, Why not go Mini ITX, zotac is making some really nice boards, they sport a single pcie slot which is all you need, you can even get cases from lian li that take a standard power supply, so you dont get roped into the proprietary psu side of things. (infact i have a few of these cases and i love em) could probably mod a water a small closed loop water cooler into it aswell and have the room to overclock to close to 5ghz.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112227

If your going for a truely small setup, Why not go Mini ITX, zotac is making some really nice boards, they sport a single pcie slot which is all you need, you can even get cases from lian li that take a standard power supply, so you dont get roped into the proprietary psu side of things. (infact i have a few of these cases and i love em) could probably mod a water a small closed loop water cooler into it aswell and have the room to overclock to close to 5ghz.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112227

sorry meant to put that the gigabyte board was matx. Just cost wise the benf case is really cheap and pretty nice

Back