• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NZXT N7-Z37XT-W

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kemo89

Registered
SOO. I have been searching almost everywhere and this is what I have found. Almost NO, NONE, NOTHING for reviews of the NZXT N7-z37XT-W motherboard compared to other z370 boards anywhere. I have seen some where they place the i7-8700k and the N7 vs. an I9-7900X and that its within a few FPS on some pretty taxing games. So I was wondering because I am creating a complete White build and want to keep it as close as possiable and this mobo is exactly what I want/need because there is almost no white components much less white mobo. Yes, there's a b370 MSI motor and artic but I want a z370 because I build so that it lasts and I figure this will last somewhere around 5-10 years before I absolutely have to upgrade my CPU/Mobo due to bottlenecking. Here are the reviews and only 1 shows the N7 vs EVGA, Asus, and MSI but I'm wondering if its really ok to spent $54 more just to get a mobo cover unless there's someone here that can make me a complete white cover for the Asus Strix z370. I'm not good at creating something like that but I do build motorcycles. So I haven't a clue where to start if I went that route. Is the NZXT N7-Z37XT ok, good, or great compared to the other mobo's or is it trash and should be avoided or will another mobo @ $250 just be so much better that it is pointless to go for NZXT and get the much better mobo?

Reviews:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/12215/the-nzxt-n7-z370-motherboard-review/8

https://www.tomshardware.co.uk/nzxt-n7-z37xt-1151-coffee-lake-motherboard-review,review-34150-4.html

my current build is as follows and you will see why I NEED to upgrade. Much over due.

I5-2500k O.C. 5ghz Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
Corsair H60i Corsair CX750M
Asus P8-z77-V-LX Seagate barracuda x3 @ 2TB each
16gb GDDR3@ 1866mhz Corsair Vengeance Black

Heres my Idea for the new build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Dzhm29 and I plan on either getting the RXT 2080 or spend the extra $300+ for the RTX2080Ti

also being this close should I wait for the i7-9700k or get the i7-8700k?

currently used for Dual and soon triple monitor 1080p. I have 2-Asus VN248H and want another or is it ok to get a third Asus monitor that's 144hz and use the other 2 on each side? I do a lot and I mean a LOT of gaming PUBG, Monster Hunter world, Battlefield V, Anthem, and so on and so on.

its your build so go with the mb you like the best. most z370 mbs will achieve a max oc with a 8700k. as for waiting for the 9700, again its up to you. rumours are that it will release this fall but it may be q4 before we see them. personally when im ready to upgrade i just do it. being that the next latest and greatest is always right around the corner anyhow.
if your going with a 2080 or ti it really wont make a difference as to what 1080p monitor you run with your existing. i would go with something a bit higher res if your going to be running a 2080. otherwise your leaving alot of power on the table. i would go with a solid 4k 27in(at least)monitor if you can fit it into the budget. then use your secondary monitors if you need to.

Back