• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]Official Forum Wars (Winter Wars) 2010 Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey guys,

Please note:

Geekbench, 3D03 and 3D05 must be posted with working links, not screenshots.

3D03 and 3D05 = working ORB links, and it's best to edit in your name as well.

Geekbench needs a working link as well, please make sure you have an account there and sign in so your link has your name in it (it's free and easy to do)

Also, your SPI and wPrime screenshots also need the date stamp.

If you're not sure please ask.

Crap. I got to get my stock scores posted...and my rig setup for this... I borked my tweaked XP install and lost the image somehow.

I need to find a tweak guide for xp, it's about time to start building an install for this and cloning it a few times in case it goes boof.

I've determined that I'm a little too strapped for time this month... sorry guys... I'll have to sit this one out :chair:

My i7 setup bit it. Not sure whats wrong. Will not boot. Originally thought it was power supply but swapped with a PS that was known to be good and had same issue.

Trying to troubleshoot right now.

How the heck do you post a saved Geekbench score? (I think I hate that frikkin thing more than my ex mother in law!)

It's an addy you need to bookmark, because it can't be found from their site. I'll look for the link for you - it's not on my current Vista install. :(

Another thing to look out for.

Turbo on (added multi) is Not you stock cpu speed. Make sure you have that off.

Also, your name and forum should be in the ORB links.

And you need to be loged into you account at Geekbench to make sure your name is in the link. It must be there.

Thanks

Dang sounds fun.. I'm in but a total n00b tho if you guys want me or not its up to you =((

i7-920 2.66ghz w/Noctua cooler on it..
Gigabyte GA-X58A UD3R board
GTX-280
6GB ram

PROBLEM: for some reason my Windows7 Disc isnt working =( but I've booted everything up and set bios.. but i'm waiting for this damn thing to arrive via snail mail probably (its been a over a week and a half since order). so if it doesnt get here in time I'm out =( but if it does get here by tomorrow or saturday I'll post up =).

I'm going to need a lotta coaching along the way tho =(.. I've never benchmarked before so no idea =) but I have NP posting the screenshots etc.. (Doing everything else right)

Ok, so... question. Is moving from a Q9650 to QX9650 considered an upgrade? I just bought one and it will be here wednesday... Should I declare it? Should I even use it? It has been doing WCG for some time at 3.33Ghz with 1.18 CPUz loaded volts so I think it may be a decent clocker...

When I researched this it depended a lot on your stepping, the newer non-X chips were generally better under anything short of extreme cooling.

Back