• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC 955 BE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What is the threshold input voltage that I can increase? I heard about 1.45V.. Is this correct?
Do you guys have some average values that I can start with, for example: 1.4V at 19x?

What is excessive voltage is dictated more by the temps they produce than by the voltage value itself. Having said that, I would not exceed 1.55 for 24/7 use. Usually, with air cooling you reach a dangerous temp threshold before you reach a dangerous voltage threshold and usually you reach a temp stability threshold before you reach a dangerous temp threshold. With air, stability issues set in before you reach dangerous temps or dangerous voltages.

Hi all,

Where can I change the CPU multiplier? I look into bios and I can't see any option. Only frequencies and voltages..

EDIT: found! CPU ratio ;)
jahmal

Last edited:
Hi all,

Where can I change the CPU multiplier? I look into bios and I can't see any option. Only frequencies and voltages..

EDIT: found! CPU ratio ;)
jahmal

In order to see the multiplier you may have to set your main overclock mode to Manual instead of Auto. Auto hides stuff. The easiest way to work with you on this would be for you to take digital camera pics of the overclocking section of your bios and then attach them with a post so we can see what you see when you go into bios. Sometimes the "multiplier" is couched in terms like "CPU core ratio" or something like that. We can only use general terms like "multiplier" because every bios employs unique terminology.

About a month ago I posted that my 955 had bent pins while stored in the plastic case, probably something squashed it when I was moving last year, but I managed to straighten them out and drop it in my old mobo at my parent's place, I'm installing Linux and Windows on it as I type this (on my laptop). It's running @ 3.6GHz (1.375v) but a bit warm at around 38-40C hardly doing anything with an Arctic Freezer 7.

Hi guys!

Im sorry for my long absence but I had to travel outside of my country in business! I'm back to more bending :)
I have my system atm @ 4.0Ghz - 1.44-1.46V [@CPU-Z] and everything seems pretty stable! My max temps are around 54º in cores and 51 in CPU and full load [prime95].
I have a new graphic card as well, MSI hd7850 power edition 2gb/oc! I'm looking for some advices to my gaming rig!
If I can help with something please let me know!

warm regards to all

jahmal

If that's stable in Prime95 for at least a couple of hours, then we celebrate with you! Woohoo!

I made a quick test for about an hour. Everything went smooth and stable.
I have a question. What about the MOSFETs? Should I be worried about them?

@trents: thank you a lot for your feedbacks! A really appreciate them and is good for have an expert giving tips.

Looks like that board has a decent power scetion with heatsinks. You'll be fine.

Jahmal, just to be honest about that motherboard you linked it is a mATX with 4+1 VRM and no heatsinks on the VRM circuit. Nothing about that motherboard is built the better for overclocking. They mobo maker puts adjustments in the bios to overspeed the motherboard but the rest of the board is generally n0t built to the strength of a board that is well suited to overclocking. Now that is one truth.

However it does not seem that your cpu is using a lot of voltage to get to the speed it is at now. Temps seem pretty much okay for where the speed of the cpu is right now. A little higher temps and you will be just about into the area where instability "could" start to happen from too great a temp, but right now you are not there just yet.

You might be okay if you have really good airflow thru the case to keep everything around and on the motherboard cool. Cool as possible. I might even try and direct the air flow from a fan at the VRM circuit of the motherboard.

Otherwise you can run it like it is and it will run until it does not anymore and that maybe a very long time or it might not be. Noone knows the answer to that. Good luck.
RGone...

Last edited:
Wow, sorry about that the board I looked at was the Asus M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 amazing what a difference one letter can make. Thanks for picking that up RGone

Its ok Johan45! That was the reason for me to post the link to the other one. I think everything is ok about temps. What is the max temp for mosfets? Is there any way to check the temp by software? Or I need a IR thermometer?

Ya you can touch them. As far as safe temps I think they're reated for over 110°c. Yours won't be that hot and it's the caps that you have to watch. One thing that will help is a fan mounted on the back of the board. Get some air moving around back there.

Capturefan.PNG

I'm talking behind the MOBO. Open the other door on the case.You''ll see a cutout behind the CPU. A small fan there can help

Yes :)
I'll try to check the mosfet temps today. If they are near 100º celsius ill do that ;)

When you say " ...the caps that you have to watch " You mean cap as maximum value or cap as the cover?

Last edited:
No that's not what I mean. The heat they create transfers to everything around them. Even if they're at 60 the fan will help take heat away. All parts of you system run better when cooler.

Back