• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC AMD Phenom II x4 945

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stephen1983

Hi, I am new to the forum and OCing for that matter. I have an AMD Phenom II x4 945 on an Asus M2n68-VM MB with 8 GB DDR2 dual channel RAM. I am using the Antec Kuhler H2O 620.

I am able to Oc to 3.7 GHz (in BIOS) with core temps staying at 46C using Prime95 In-place large FFT test. However, when I increase to 3.8 GHz my system crashes. I have tried to mess around with core voltage, memory voltage and timings but to no avail. I am starting to suspect that my MB isn't up to the job?? I am hoping to push the CPU to 4.0 GHz.

Basically, I am looking some guidance on how best to achieve this. First and foremost, should I upgrade my MB??

That motherboard is 5-6 years old...and doesn't have a split power plane to give CPU-NB voltage a different voltage than core voltage...

You should probably upgrade your motherboard.

Back