• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC Anime Club

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
daft bint... have you ever tried saying that word aloud? its quite amusing actually... kinda like guffaw. looks good on paper, but aloud its a bit odd.

I just finished the TV episodes of Bakemonogatari and I have to say it's excellent and one of my favorites.
I don't want to give away anything, but the only annoyances were that they obviously planned for 15 episodes rather than the 12 shown, and that I think their budget was limited so they had to cut back on showing all 15 on TV, as well as the animation in the later episodes. At least the remaining 3 episodes will be streamed on the Internet so it isn't a huge problem.

Even still, I found the story very enjoyable, and I don't think it's surprising that there is a 'Senjougahara Fascination' movement going on now. :)

Last edited:
first episode of Seitokai no Ichizon and Kaempfer made my sides ache from laughing so much...

new season of White Album woohoo!

Looking for suggestions on a new series to check out. What I am/have been watching and my opinion:

Bleach (entertaining)
Naruto (ditto)
07 ghost (a bit meh, probably won't watch S2 if/when it shows up)
DB Kai (OK, but probably gonna drop soon since I know the story)
Michiko e Hatchin (pretty good, but too much Bebop influence)

I've mostly dropped all anime, but I still read the Naruto/Bleach mangas because it only takes 10 mins a week and for the most part I enjoy the mangas better than the anime.

I've mostly dropped all anime, but I still read the Naruto/Bleach mangas because it only takes 10 mins a week and for the most part I enjoy the mangas better than the anime.

I'm kinda getting the same way. I've not seen anything recently that I've really liked and that's starting to bum me out. We just keep getting the same worn-out crap. The last thing I watched that really grabbed my attention was Michiko e Hatchin, which was phenomenal, but nothing since. I never bothered with Death Note 'cause most people can't shut up about it, new Hellsing just isn't releasing fast enough, and Haruhi . . . Don't even get me started on Haruhi. ****ing Haruhi . . . . Even GAINAX has gone back to the Evangelion well with You Are (Not) Alone and You Can (Not) Advance. How much more Eva do we really need?! It sucked back then and it sucks now. Hideki Anno is like, David Lynch with terminal brain cancer.

I am a bit excited about the new Astro Boy movie, but that doesn't really count as anime. I've been falling back on old standbys like Haibane Renmei, FLCL, and Azumanga Daioh, but there is just not enough new good stuff. I can disassemble an average anime rom-com before the midway point of the first episode, and that's kinda sad. Not sad 'cause I can do that, sad because they are all so bloody samey.

Michiko e Hatchin (pretty good, but too much Bebop influence)

There is no such thing as 'Too Much Bebop'. Now go stand in the corner and think about what you said.

Might I suggest "Kimi no Todoke"? I've been reading the manga and just recently the anime has started airing. Seems to follow closely to the manga so far, although its only 2 episodes in.

There is no such thing as 'Too Much Bebop'. Now go stand in the corner and think about what you said.

If I want some Bebop lovin', I'll break out the DVD or go watch Champloo.

With that said, I did enjoy Michiko e Hatchin until the end. Left a very sour taste in my mouth.

I guess I have to work back to series I have missed in the past and manga that's been suggested.*sulks off to corner*

I'm kinda getting the same way. I've not seen anything recently that I've really liked and that's starting to bum me out. We just keep getting the same worn-out crap. The last thing I watched that really grabbed my attention was Michiko e Hatchin, which was phenomenal, but nothing since. I never bothered with Death Note 'cause most people can't shut up about it, new Hellsing just isn't releasing fast enough, and Haruhi . . . Don't even get me started on Haruhi. ****ing Haruhi . . . . Even GAINAX has gone back to the Evangelion well with You Are (Not) Alone and You Can (Not) Advance. How much more Eva do we really need?! It sucked back then and it sucks now. Hideki Anno is like, David Lynch with terminal brain cancer.

I am a bit excited about the new Astro Boy movie, but that doesn't really count as anime. I've been falling back on old standbys like Haibane Renmei, FLCL, and Azumanga Daioh, but there is just not enough new good stuff. I can disassemble an average anime rom-com before the midway point of the first episode, and that's kinda sad. Not sad 'cause I can do that, sad because they are all so bloody samey.

Gonna be another few years before we get a good cycle again. I'm starting to think that good anime only comes out when the economy is really going (because the last two good cycles I can remember are 98-00, and 05 ish to 07. We had a nice crash after each of those).

Maybe '10 will be better. :shrug:

I started watching Bakemonogatari since I've heard so much about it. I spaced out during 50% of what I've watched so far, but I was still somewhat entertained. Maybe I'm just really bored.

Not to give this thread the ol' dirty - The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya is out in the wild.

saying it's a 10/10 does NOT give it justice. it's 2 1/2 hours of perfect (IMO).

also, word on the street is S2 is being released at some point this summer on US soil.

Hey cool. I didn't know this thread existed. I recently started getting more into anime due to LARGE amounts of downtime at work. I have a friend whos giving me recommendations of stuff to watch, but I'm going to exhaust her knowledge base soon. I've gone through:

GITS:SAC, FMA: Brotherhood, FLCL, Excel Saga, 12 Kingdoms, Ergo Proxy, Serial Experiments Lain, Evangelion, Hellsing, and a few others plus movies. Can I get some recommendations for 'classics' or series that are generally accepted by all to be good?

I'm just waiting for Highschool of the Dead come July. Being animated by Madhouse (same ones who did "Hulk Vs" and "Summer Wars" :thup: ) and so far the preview looks sick. I just hope it isn't a short run and will at least have a ending and not leave off half way through the story like the manga so far.

Hey cool. I didn't know this thread existed. I recently started getting more into anime due to LARGE amounts of downtime at work. I have a friend whos giving me recommendations of stuff to watch, but I'm going to exhaust her knowledge base soon. I've gone through:

GITS:SAC, FMA: Brotherhood, FLCL, Excel Saga, 12 Kingdoms, Ergo Proxy, Serial Experiments Lain, Evangelion, Hellsing, and a few others plus movies. Can I get some recommendations for 'classics' or series that are generally accepted by all to be good?

Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Akira, GITS movies, original FMA.

For anyone who's a fan of Mai [Z-] Hime / Mai Otome, I saw some advertising for several followup OAVs that are now out... Mai Otome Zwei and Mai Otome 0~S.ifr~, which are both 4-ep OAVs. There's also apparently a few others out, which I haven't been able to get my hands on yet.

Last edited:
Back