• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC Anime Club

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Weren't the hellsing OVAs being done (at least in part) by madhouse? They kinda kicked the bucket.

Lots of rumors going around today about a second season of lucky star. I'm getting too excited already.

Yup, madhouse/Hellsing Ultimate OVAs are nowhere to be seen, and I doubt they will ever be picked up.

Also, I need to see Lucky Star >.>

So I watched the latest episode of PSG...

I'm not quite sure about that. Frankly I'm confused. :confused:

I just watched the Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya Movie. It released in theatres last year in Japan, but came to DVD/Blu-Ray on Dec 18th.

Talk about one of the best anime movies I have ever seen. Possibly one of the best of any movie. It really made me re-think the entire franchise, and brought me hope after the downright frustrating and somewhat frightening second season. It was 2hrs 40min that just seemed to float by without me noticing. It has been a long time since I was that enthralled with a movie. 11/10. A must see, even if you are not that big of a Haruhi fan.

Also, make sure you watch it in HD. That movie is just freaking beautiful.

Not as important as watching 5cm per second in HD, still was alright visually though.

Also just finished Tengan Toppen Gurren Lagann.

Talk about a balls to the wall, absolutely insane adrenaline rush that takes it to 11, divides by 0, and multiplies it by 10^google.

Was one hell of an awesome anime to watch. I totally recommend it to anybody that loves AWESOME. :D

Also just finished Tengan Toppen Gurren Lagann.

Talk about a balls to the wall, absolutely insane adrenaline rush that takes it to 11, divides by 0, and multiplies it by 10^google.

Was one hell of an awesome anime to watch. I totally recommend it to anybody that loves AWESOME. :D

Same here. It should be on anyone's list of 'must watch' anime. Full throttle all the way. With nitrous.:rock:

I got through the first 63 eps of Bleach, first story arc. I reallllly like it. :D

I just watched the Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya Movie. It released in theatres last year in Japan, but came to DVD/Blu-Ray on Dec 18th.

Talk about one of the best anime movies I have ever seen. Possibly one of the best of any movie. It really made me re-think the entire franchise, and brought me hope after the downright frustrating and somewhat frightening second season. It was 2hrs 40min that just seemed to float by without me noticing. It has been a long time since I was that enthralled with a movie. 11/10. A must see, even if you are not that big of a Haruhi fan.

Also, make sure you watch it in HD. That movie is just freaking beautiful.

Thats this, right?

Not as important as watching 5cm per second in HD, still was alright visually though.

Where can I get that, Amazon?

I'm def willing to give Tengan Toppen Gurren Lagann a try. Where do you all source your Anime? PM?

Last edited:
^ Thats good to know.

5cm/s was amazing. The animation was beautiful and the writing was superb.

Thanks Kona.

Now that we are at the end of the year, some Anime titles that I thought were some of the best.

Katanagatari
I really dug this anime for how it started from something somewhat interesting, and turned into a very surprising and ultimately entertaining epic.

Kuragehime
This show manages to hit all the right buttons without feeling contrived or catering to otakus only. Excellent characters, themes, and comedy. An awesome Must See in my opinion.

Shiki
I havn't finished this quite yet, due to the fact the show just barely finished this last week. But from what I have seen, it is certainly one of the best vampire stories I have seen in a very long time. Very atmospheric, haunting, and yet everything sucks you and makes you want to keep watching.

Check those animes out, and I think you will certainly enjoy them :D

^ I definitely will. I'm still learning what genres I like, and watched Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya last night. I made it through the first two hours but couldn't get myself to finish it.
Debating whether to start the next Bleach story arc now, ep 64.

^ I definitely will. I'm still learning what genres I like, and watched Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya last night. I made it through the first two hours but couldn't get myself to finish it.

Care to tell us why? :confused:

It wasn't the pace of it, and certainly not the visuals. I suppose the 'high school drama' theme didn't reel me in. I know that lots of animes have this, and Vanishment also offered a sci-fi aspect but not enough for me.

The user ratings on AniDB.net are really helpful, Gurren Lagann is pretty up there.

It wasn't the pace of it, and certainly not the visuals. I suppose the 'high school drama' theme didn't reel me in. I know that lots of animes have this, and Vanishment also offered a sci-fi aspect but not enough for me.

The user ratings on AniDB.net are really helpful, Gurren Lagann is pretty up there.

Did you watch the first two seasons of Haruhi? They are pretty much required for the movie to mean anything.

Did you watch the first two seasons of Haruhi? They are pretty much required for the movie to mean anything.

FTFY. The second season is completely optional.

And if you do watch it, you need to skip 6 episodes.

To be technical, really only need to watch the first episode of the second season, Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody.

I thought there was something after endless eight?

Lol, whoops, didn't watch either season. :p

A friend recommended Code Geass, anyone see it?

I thought it was alright, people who pay attention to plot and such think it's a train wreck though. I don't really pay that much attention.

Back