• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC Anime Club

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I thought there was something after endless eight?

There is, the Sigh of Suzumiya. But it doesn't really relate to the film that much. Essential watching is all of Season 1 (I would look up on how to watch it in chronological order so you don't get brain boned) And then the first episode of Season 2. Other than that, if you want to watch all of Season 2, just watch the 1st, 2nd, and last of the Endless Eights. Or all if you are a bit mad like me ;) After the Endless Eights, there is about 4 or 5 episodes that are worth seeing if you want to know what the hell is going on with them making that movie for school.

Watch it in air order if you think you can keep up with what's going on, chrono if you don't.

I like to compare it to pulp fiction as to determining how to watch it. Most people have seen that...right?

Does it matter if you haven't seen the episodes then? Don't wanna redo what I did with Haruchi.

Watched it anyway. I think personally I can't do anything that involves characters younger than high school.

Watched it anyway. I think personally I can't do anything that involves characters younger than high school.

Well there goes a mega-ton of anime ;)

If you want something more mature, give Planetes a whirl. It is a story about some guys in the near future working in the Earth's orbit collecting space garbage. Very realistic setting and science. I though it was freaking awesome as hell.

And since I am a bit of a nab, I can't remember if you have seen stuff like Cowboy Bebop, Death Note, Full Metal Alchemist/Brotherhood. Some of the real big hitters out there that is sans younger people.

I know I know, its a really big segment. I'm back on the Bleach-wagon, but will check out Planetes.

I've seen Death Note, FMA:Brotherhood, they were insane.

I've been watching anime for the better part of two years, and just finished The Legend of Legendary Heroes. The first half was good, but when the plot was going in the write direction, the screen play was horrible. I've read that the light novels are much better than the anime series. Anyone know where I can get them in english :D?

I've been watching anime for the better part of two years, and just finished The Legend of Legendary Heroes. The first half was good, but when the plot was going in the write direction, the screen play was horrible. I've read that the light novels are much better than the anime series. Anyone know where I can get them in english :D?

Amazon. Examples 1 and 2.

Do we have any rabid FMA fans? I am (havent finished Brotherhood yet because i refuse to watch it subbed since i LOVE the english dub cast so dont spoil it for me plz!)

Do we have any rabid FMA fans? I am (havent finished Brotherhood yet because i refuse to watch it subbed since i LOVE the english dub cast so dont spoil it for me plz!)

I really really enjoyed the first one. I have had the entire series of Brotherhood for some time subbed. I keep putting it off for somewhat the same reasons as you :/

I really really enjoyed the first one. I have had the entire series of Brotherhood for some time subbed. I keep putting it off for somewhat the same reasons as you :/

I only watched brotherhood, found it to be quite good.

I know the main reason Brotherhood is so awesome, is that it sticks to the manga. Which I have not read :p

The original series did quite well without the rest of the source material to work with though. Definitely looking forward to watching Brotherhood. Too bad I managed to pick up about 35ish more titles over the holidays :santa:

O snap FLCL is getting re-released!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref...56&h=4f868879cc690111e063f4ca9e277d7365b29eb6

FMA:B was pretty good, but for some reason I didn't finish it, but I did read the manga all the way through. For those interested in the sub, they are all on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/show/fullmetalalchemistbrotherhood?pl=5838E3BDC66DDF0E&ob=showob_0

The only problem with the Blu Rays of FLCL is that they are crappy Q-tec Upscales. So they look muddy compared to the DVDs ><.

Same here. Good storyline + interesting characters = time well spent.
I'm not too sure about the first FMA though. I have only flicked thru it, I didn't pay much attention.
On the other hand I just have to put in my $0.02USD about Code Geass. I'm not sure why I persisted in watching it the whole way through. Visually flashy but lacking in thought, even though I stand by my opinion that it has one of the best final endings of anything I have watched on a screen.
Hmmm, and another thought: Someone should watch Ouran HSHC. Its completely weird and quirky, but I lol'd my @$$ off at the first three quarters of it even though it got predictable towards the end (don't they all?).
Finally, I would recommend that anyone watch Railgun (Toaru Kagaku no Railgun). I might even watch it again.... when I can find which of my 5 HDDs I left it on:comp::comp:

I found railgun (and index for that matter) to be boring, dull, aesthetically unappealing and just generally not worth the time or space.

There are a lot of people who don't agree with me on that though.

I found railgun (and index for that matter) to be boring, dull, aesthetically unappealing and just generally not worth the time or space.

There are a lot of people who don't agree with me on that though.

I think I smell a debate coming on....
Yes, I know a lot of people who say that Index/Railgun is a waste of time. Although I didn't really like Index, Railgun was humorous enough to keep me entertained. Didn't really matter to me what the plotline was.
Of course it still doesn't come close to classics like Trigun. Now theres some decent anime.:attn:

Back