• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC.Extreme.Direct Die.mission compact

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ven0m said:
heh, my english sux - sometimes I make weird "typos" - writinw words that sound similiar but with different meaning :)

I was absent to forums for some time so I couldn't post:
B-I-G thx for your replies

so I post it now

I don't really get how shorter capilary tube may be better to take more heat than longer, but I should read a bit about it and get some knowledge, so don't feel obligerated to answer :)

btw, car daiator won't resist suck pressure?
a shorter capilary will have less restanse more flow of refgrent to the evaporator/cpu

ohh, this way...
I thought that problems with keeping thing under pressure will spoil whole effect of making this tube shorter.

I feel so enlighted now :)

first of all hi:D

baker, I bought them from dmitriyaz, I saw the ad from link to thread, at phase-change.com

I took three, two for my p4, and the third for my lonely amd:D

here is a pic of how it actullay comes from factory

thermatron3.jpg

venom, I love to help out, and by the way iclark response is right on the money,

a. shorter, less restriction
b. bigger ID, less restrion,

then the opposite

more progress:D

101_0177.JPG

replacing the 80mm fan, with a 120mm to cool down things, I guess you can't have enough flow;)

first try with the sleeves

101_0178.JPG

cool ppl here - everyone helps :)
time to get phase change, but first I need some money...

btw, what's that yellow thing on tube?
btw2 :), maybe a lil phase change on VGA?

hi guys, glad you like it:D

on the condenser, it looks nice, and whats really counts is that it performs great

yeah more money sure woudn't hurt, I wouldn't mind winning the lottory:D

and the yellow thing on the tube, its just the yellow tape, which I got fromwire care, a great place with really nice people :D

I started to play around and put some there:)

I was thinking a bit about radiator...
Car radiator would probably not resist so high pressure, so rather no chance for cheap rad (if you don't know, I bought my car rad just like new for around $12).
But as an alternative - rads from clima (like house/office clima) would be great, if only it was possible to get used one which acts like new...

Other thing - VGA cooling. Phase change cannot be rather connected in series, but when connected paralelly - to CPU and GPU, would it work? Diamater of capilary tubes would probabl yneed to be to give the ame surface total as for CPU only previously. Man, that's becoming more and more intresting for me :)

im going for a complete custom built auto cascade myself soon

$2800 but with spec's on cooling compacity of 350w at -70c soulds awsome for the price ;)

Ven0m said:
I was thinking a bit about radiator...
Car radiator would probably not resist so high pressure, so rather no chance for cheap rad (if you don't know, I bought my car rad just like new for around $12).
But as an alternative - rads from clima (like house/office clima) would be great, if only it was possible to get used one which acts like new...

Other thing - VGA cooling. Phase change cannot be rather connected in series, but when connected paralelly - to CPU and GPU, would it work? Diamater of capilary tubes would probabl yneed to be to give the ame surface total as for CPU only previously. Man, that's becoming more and more intresting for me :)
youre right an auto heater core wont work it cant stand the pressure but maby a car transmisson cooler the ones with the tubing that runs thrue it you will nead two of them and test them for preassure first

Chris_F said:
How high are your case temps? Do you have a front intake fan?

my ambient temp is 17c and the case temp is 22c, and yes I have a intake, blowing the compressor, that way it keep it cool to the touch:D

Eradicator said:
Nunez,
How is that flexible tubing working out and how much oil do you run in your system?

hi there, well the tubing is working good, actually is the best thing I have ever used :D

and if you read about tubing, you know I have try many different types, and this one is the best, cause if you want an angle, you can have it, any way you want, its just a little hard cause its metal, but compare to the others is like butter:D

also this one is easy to made, and if you need to change the length thats no problem,while the other you can't change the length, and with the others I couldn't do the correct twist that I need, only the charging hose comes close but it will leak at the connection, since they hold with a rubber ring, which will leak when you freeze it,

well if you have any more question, just let me know;)

sniper thanks for the compliment, and come on start think about, you soon will see with some precation, is a piece of cake:D

by the way, I almost forgot to mention about power,

101_0179.JPG

on this pic, you can see the black power switch, above the floppy drive, this I got from radio shack, and when its switch on, it give power to the compressor and the 115v fan connected with the condenser, and when it reaches the target temperature, you can power on the pc,

well, I hope everyone is alright, and good night:)

nunez1980 said:

hi there, well the tubing is working good, actually is the best thing I have ever used :D

and if you read about tubing, you know I have try many different types, and this one is the best, cause if you want an angle, you can have it, any way you want, its just a little hard cause its metal, but compare to the others is like butter:D

also this one is easy to made, and if you need to change the length thats no problem,while the other you can't change the length, and with the others I couldn't do the correct twist that I need, only the charging hose comes close but it will leak at the connection, since they hold with a rubber ring, which will leak when you freeze it,

well if you have any more question, just let me know;)

sniper thanks for the compliment, and come on start think about, you soon will see with some precation, is a piece of cake:D

by the way, I almost forgot to mention about power,

101_0179.JPG

on this pic, you can see the black power switch, above the floppy drive, this I got from radio shack, and when its switch on, it give power to the compressor and the 115v fan connected with the condenser, and when it reaches the target temperature, you can power on the pc,

well, I hope everyone is alright, and good night:)
is the set to come on automatc when the target is met or do you have to turn it on?

Back