• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC-ing MSI NF750-G55?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johnmh88

Registered
Hey Any help would be appreciated*
I need help with an oc on my MSI NF750-G55 mobo, with the easy OC switches... AMD AthlonII X4 2.6Ghz 620 Propus CPU..... Newbie to overclocking thought I would get a board that did it for me, but everytime I use the switch to overclock just 10%...or 15% a couple of minutes after it boots up, it freezes. Am I suppose to change anything in the bios or does the easy oc switches do it for me?? OR do I need to just get another processor that is made to OverClock.???? any and all help would be greatly appreciated thanks..:thup:

Last edited:
:welcome:

Please post your system specs, or make it into a signature. Using the motherboard software or switches to OC by a percentage like that is most likely changing several settings which is putting something out of whack. It can change voltages, multipliers, bus speed.. something isn't matching up and is causing your problems.

The best and most recommended way to OC is by changing BIOS settings yourself. That CPU should be fine to OC a bit, you're just going to want to manually set it.

If you haven't already done so, disable Cool n Quiet as it can seriously affect your OC.. you can re-enable this later if you want to throttle your CPU when it's idle or not in use.
Also download a little program called CPU-z so you can check what voltage your CPU is receiving as well as check your memory speeds and timings. I don't know the default settings for that CPU, I'm guessing a 13 multi by 200 bus speed for a total of 2.6GHz.
Anyone know if that has an unlocked multi on it for easy clocking?

Thanks, I disabled the coolnquiet junk, and changed the fsb/frequency to 210 instead of the normal 200. It still freezes up, about 30-60 seconds after bootup, it will give a beep, then freeze. 210X13= 2.73GHz from the normal 2.6GHz.. its getting frustrating.. Could the problem lie with the fact I have Intel tested Ram and not AMD Ram.?? Thanks for your help. I have a program called Everest Ultimate Edition that gives CPUID's and tells voltages and temps. Its getting the recomended 1.40v to the cpu. This is the first "stable so far OC"....

Attachments

• cpuid2.73ghz.png
    cpuid2.73ghz.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 1,395
Last edited:
Back