• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC Seti Cyber Cafe is open

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
TC said:
I had the same problem for a while. I got the power company to run a new line from the street because the original one was heating up the ground and causing the locals to think my house was located near a geothermal hotspot. I had kids coming over thinking they might have a dip in the hot springs, but all of that is taken care of now ;)
I could hear it now:

"Daddy, why isnt there any snow in that yard?" "I don't know why there is no snow in neighbor Tim's yard. But you are never to go over there"....LOL

I'll get me a cold beer:beer:

rogerdugans said:

PS: RC12, by my figures you will be passing me sometime tomorrow night....grrrrr:):)
Well, I am within spitting distance now. And it has been great to follow you my friend. But I gotta go. See ya at the top:beer:

Just checked the stats:
rogerdugans: 10172
racecar12: 10158

14 away. I am now starting the backward slide.......how about a whole bunch of beverages in which to drown my sorrows?

Lead on, amigo! :D

racecar12 said:
I could hear it now:

"Daddy, why isnt there any snow in that yard?"

In Athens, Ga., I doubt that question gets asked all that often.:rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes:

Not saying it never snows in Athens, but when it does they have to calm the childrens fears and explain that some giant isn't having a dandruff attack.:D

SkyHook

Indeed that doesn't happen often. In my childhood I remember snow every winter, but it has become a rarity. Last winter was the first snow that I can recall in several years. It seems like ice storms are more common now - and they stink. Ice storms break trees and power lines very quickly, not to mention driving on ice covered roads is another ball game from snow. Our dogs were so puzzled by snow last winter. We took them out to play and all they wanted to do was get back in the car....

snow.jpg

snow2.jpg

snow3.jpg

vodka314 said:
Thats not snow. Move to Canada, Ill show you snow.
For around here that is snow. I know what you mean though. I've spent time in Alaska - and that's snow. The only real snow fall we ever had here was back in the storm of '93. That dumped about 6 feet of snow here in under 12 hours.

I had a picture of it somewhere, but I have no scanner... all you can see in the picture is gobs of snow falling, and you can sort of see my house

I'm sure you get sick of it around there. It's so rare here that people get really excited just to see it falling - even if it doesn't stick. The storm back in '93 was great. Needless to say almost nobody here can drive if they hear the word snow. I was fortunate enough to have driven in snow, mud, and ice before. I made some good money that week pulling stranded cars out.

Congrats racecar12, I'm not sure what could I order at your Cafe
but if you were here the 10k milestone would deserve my last
Pelaverga '99 bottle. It is time to kill it helas. We will drink it to
your health:beer: ;)

Lorixnt2 said:
Congrats racecar12, I'm not sure what could I order at your Cafe
but if you were here the 10k milestone would deserve my last
Pelaverga '99 bottle. It is time to kill it helas. We will drink it to
your health:beer: ;)
Cheers friend:beer:

Back