• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC3d powering up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
It seemed we needed some rallying to keep our morale up, and also a new thread. So let's all plan on beating the Dutchmen to 25k.

I'm off to recruit a few more and to convince one of my friends that he needs to upgrade to an Athlon XP as soon as possible.

OC3d info:

OC3d est. 5/22/02 in the early morning hours by NaSsoccer and Arkaine23.

Now 23rd place worldwide!

OC3d is comprised of members of the Overclockers.com 3dmark Team who collectively Fold proteins for Team 32 and for the Folding@home project's noble cause. In general, we do not have individual stats (unless we keep a few rigs stashed on the side). A link to the O/C 3dmark team's little, but ever-expanding site and database can be found in my signature. Join OC3dmark or OC3d if you feel inclined. It's easy!

OC3d is in a race with Team 64's formidable subteam- The_Raging_Dutchmen. They number only 5 and currently average over 225 points/week each!! :eek: A guy by the handle of CoolLion is their usual spokesman over here. It's been a hallmark of this subteam race that the Dutchmen and OC 3dmarkers have maintained a friendly competition in the true spirit of the Folding@home project. After all, we're all donating our CPU power for humanity and we are brothers in the Fold even if we fold for different teams.

The members of OC3d choose not to actively compete with our fellow members of Team 32. We ask that our folding brethren ignore our stats in Team 32's ranks just as Team 0's stats are ignored when comparing team stats. We do not fold for glory within Team 32, but fold for Team 32's glory world-wide. Our members apologize to those who think the practice of sub-teaming is unfair, cheating, or otherwise not cool. We founded OC3d with the intent to build a bridge between the Video/sound forum and the Folding@home forum and thus transpopulate the two sections to improve the strength of both the OC3dmark Team and Team 32.

From time to time the good people of Team 32 have supported us in our race by donating Work Units. We thank you guys immensely!! You are welcome to fold WU's with us anytime and your generosity will be acknowledged on our upcoming webpage and in this thread. We consider you honorary members of OC3d, and we hope that when our production is good that we can return the favor by donating WU's to you or at least to those who need them most. If we can just outpace the Dutchmen, or even if we can't, it would still be nice if OC3d could be known for its philanthropy as well as for its collective folding power.

I try to keep tabs on the fleet of CPU's that is OC3d, so all OC3d-related discussion and farm totals should go in this thread. That being said....

My Full-time all-OC3d farm:

Rigs I own-
XP @ 2224 | XP @ 1781 | XP @ 1744 | Celeron @ 500

Work boxes-
XP @ 1666 | XP @ 1666 | XP @ 1600 | XP @ 1600 | XP @ 1533 | XP @ 1533 | XP @ 1533 | XP @ 1533 | XP @ 1533 | XP @ 1533 | XP @ 1533 | XP @ 1533 | XP @ 1533 | XP @ 1400 | XP @ 1400 | Tbird @ 1400 | Tbird @ 1400

Rigs I've conned, bribed, or wrangled with my ninja skills-
XP @ 1710 | XP @ 1533 | Tbird @ 1200 | Duron @ 1284 | Tbird @ 1096 | Pentium 3 @ 933

Part-time
XP @ 1522 | Pentium 3 @ 800 | Pentium 3 @ 800 | Pentium 3 @ 800 | Pentium 3 @ 800, | P3 @ 733 | P3 @ 500
60+ hours per week

If all my farms constituents were members of this forum, their names would probably be: Green, N8rb8r, Dr_Kiuchi, Wesman, and Zac.

OC3d Totals- The second half of a "/" represents part-time folding rigs. The number in "(x)" shows how many CPU's of each type have become a part of our subteam.

AMD -87 cpu's
Tbred- 2.095 / 2.246 Ghz (2) average speed 2171 Mhz
XP- 54.587 / 9.037 Ghz (40) average speed: 1591 Mhz
Tbird- 14.626 / 2.100 Ghz (15) average speed: 1116 Mhz
Athlon- 6.150 / 0 Ghz (7) average speed: 879 Mhz
Duron- 19.401 / 1.100 Ghz (18) average speed: 1139 Mhz
K6-2- 2.350 / 0 Ghz (5) average speed: 470 Mhz

Intel -23 cpu's
Pentium 4- 6.364 / 0 Ghz (3) average speed: 2121 Mhz
Pentium 3- 5.333 / 4.533 Ghz (15) average speed: 658 Mhz
Celeron- .500 / 0 Ghz (1) average speed 500 Mhz
Pentium 2- 2.800 / 0 Ghz (5) average speed 560 Mhz

Other/Unknown- 0 / 0 Ghz (0)

Running total: 110 CPU's for 134.925 Ghz of Disease-Researching Power!
Average CPU speed: 1228 Mhz
Intel- 20.133 Ghz
AMD- 114.665 Ghz
Other/Unknown- 0 Ghz

There are currently 19 members of OC3d:

X overdoze stomps eveyone with 20152 Mhz Rank: Folding God [All rigs defending his own Stats]
Arkaine23 with 45745 Mhz Rank: The Bringer
NaSsoccer with 21975 Mhz Rank: Shadow Ninja Elite
Kato with 11171 Mhz Rank: Ku-Fold Master
Thepunkgeek with 9493 Mhz Rank: Grandmaster of the Fold
Exar Jun with 7653 Mhz Rank: Foldi Master
BamBamXK with 5400 Mhz Rank: Master of the Fold
Yobbzz with 5045 Mhz Rank: Master of the Fold
gtsimmo with 4950 Mhz Rank: Hardcore Folder
Lord_of_Decay
with 4053 Mhz Rank: Hardcore Folder
]-[itman with 2900 Ghz Rank: Hardcore Folder
David with 2800 Mhz Rank: Hardcore Folder
Maxvla with 2664 Mhz Rank: Harcore Folder
Cyberfed with 2650 Mhz Rank: Hardcore Folder
Bobby_Mac with 2370 Mhz Rank: Mega Folder
Starfoxer with 1830 Mhz Rank: Mega Folder
mamer with 1700 Mhz Rank: Mega Folder
New_Novice with 1000 Mhz Rank: Mega Folder
Cullam3n with 802 Mhz Rank: Mega Folder

Waiting to hear from:
takiwa- folding for us now and then, and coming back soon

Honorary Members:

CaptnBackfire87- With his power combined...
Ploaf- A Champion of Team 32 if ever there was one
Kendan- Team Captain extraordinarre
azhari- 6.5 Ghz of Dutchie-stomping power!
Wedo- The Secret Weapon
cjreis- A big help in the past
ed8150- Helped us kick-start this subteam
rich99million- Got us to 10K points before the Dutchies
FoldingAddict- Got us to 10K points before the Dutchies
AZN- Got us to 10K points before the Dutchies
Matthew1001- Nobody Knows
DManeKid- A reinforcement in our times of need
Walter:)- A guy who helped us from day one
Who have I left out???

Last edited:
Just tell them you need at least a 1600xp to use Internet Explorer or Winamp, and a 2200+ to performs both tasks at the same time.:beer:

I'm pretty sure we will be back to our normal production level within this week, so bring on the Dutchies!!!

BTW, we should make this our new thread, the old one is gone to the second page or third.

still having odd problems with the lab, i can check via the network and it says looks like it is folding when users are logged out, but when a user logs in it decides it wants to restart the client and everything :\ one step closer but hopefully that will get solved ASAP!!

FOLD ON
NAS

i'll help the oc3d after the contest is over i'll have 3-4 p3 866mhz i believe they are.... 1 400mhz p2 a xp2100 1.92ghz and a other rig pretty soon p2 400mhz hoping to tweak it to 550mhz. I'm not in for the comptition i rather just be part of something important =D FOLD ON

I picked up a 1.3 duron a few weeks ago because my xp fryed and I was too impatient to wait for the RMA to come back. Anyway I got my xp back now and still have this duron, I was looking through what eles I have for spare parts and found a 300W sparkle, a case, a TNT2 pro, a internet card, and some ddr. So I'll ether buy a cheap mobo and slap this thing together or buy a nice new one for my main rig and slap it together with my epox board. hmm I gess I'll need a hard drive too... well anyway I'll get it running soon enough and keep you all poasted.

Is a AHLCA a good steping?

Hey guys, just added a P4 2GHz today...but with CAD, it only fold 1 frame every 45mins...haha, AMD rules!!!:D

Oh yea, how is this for team spirt?:beer:

OC3d

CaptnBackfire87 said:
i would be willing to donate a few work units, what exactly do i need to do to change the username to OC3d?

Yup, just change the username to OC3d, and thats it:beer:
Thanks!!!

If you change the username in the middle of a WU, then you need to close the console down, and restart it. If you are using hte console, then all you need is go to Configure, and change the username there, then restart F@H.

Exar Jun said:
Thanks for your WU Captain

well i havent sent any yet, i have 2 p180s that are yet to be sent, and i am working on one right now, my internet was messing up earlier so i havent been able to send these last 2, so i should be sending in 3 or 4 p180s

Ok, heres the deal. In my office we just got a new shippment of Duh 2GHz, and I got mine running for us already, but since my office didn't approve my request to install F@H last time, I can only run the text console during office hour, with CAD running. I've recheck it today, and it takes 20mins for 1 frame, I guess they are ok:D Any how, one of my co-worker already folds for us, and his station just got a Duh too...I will try and download the text console to his computer tomorrow, and ask him to fold for us during office hour:beer:

More CPU

Just got my home DSL working and added my XP and 2 celerons. Only down 1 XP from my farm now.

Great news Arkaine. I know it really sucks when you are without the net. Especially when you fold and game as much as we do. how did that NWN mod work out for you.

net

I'd been staying at a friend's place so I could get online the last couple of weeks. I paid the price though- had to trouble-shoot a much-hated HP for my friend and pull a dead stick of ram and format/install winXP, after doing all the back-up of his data.

Taking a celeron 600 down this morning to install redhat, but it'll fold once that's done. My comps are in the garage right now, so my main rig is at stock for the next few weeks until cooler weather comes.

The NWN mod was being done by gtsimmo and I think he lost it in a format. :( I haven't had time for gaming lately, but I'll make some time soon enough and see about tweaking up some NWN mods.

Back