• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCF & OCA Benching

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It is twisty tie ....... :rofl:

Rough day benching yesterday, did not turn out as I invisioned, first my board would not boot no matter what we did, crazy as I had it running on the SS just prior to mounting the pot. think I may have tightened it down to far possibly smashing some pins, but need to confirm that. Funsoul's MVE would not start either, :(

We did manage to get his 2011 platform running but had trouble getting it dialed in, when we finally did we worked on the 780Ti for a short time but took a break to eat, that was the end as when returned the meltdown of everything just had the board and slot to wet to do anything. :cry:

The whole day went by so fast and I had a blast benching with Funsoul, great guy, great bencher. I am sure this will not be the last time we get together as even know it was a complete fail on the results side it was great fun benching with such a great bencher :)

You are not alone, my benching in last 2 days was also total fail. At least you had a good time :thup: Better luck next time ;)

Thanks guys,

Some days you get the dog and some days the dog gets you.

we gave it our all for 14 hrs

Thanks Stefan , I had a great time, next time we will get the dog ..... :thup:

It was an awesome time!! SO excellent to meet Witchdoctor and get to hang out and talk benching. Super nice guy and even though we had our issues, I learned A LOT! He even sent me home with a killer, custom built benching table :)

Definitely want to get together again (I more or less invited myself back hehehe).

We did manage to eventually get the 3930k dialed in ( http://hwbot.org/submission/2586826_funsoul_cpu_frequency_core_i7_3930k_5532.19_mhz ). Pretty sure I can squeeze a little more out of it as that was with 6c/12t.

Thanks again for an outstanding Saturday Brian! You rock!

A few piccies....

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 100
Yeah...it was very cool! Definitely caught me off guard when he sparked up the blowtorch!

It was really SUCH a great time! We're actually kinda lucky in a way...so much hardware between us that if we were really rolling I'd still be there and probably WA-A-Ay overstay my welcome ;)

Yeah...it was very cool! Definitely caught me off guard when he sparked up the blowtorch!

It was really SUCH a great time! We're actually kinda lucky in a way...so much hardware between us that if we were really rolling I'd still be there and probably WA-A-Ay overstay my welcome ;)

Gotta keep it from hitting the cold bug!!

I believe the welcome extends when the boints are rolling ;)

I do that when I'm benching at home. It's not hard when you're into it to just keep trying one more time. My wife gets a bit irritated at times.

Finally got this board going with the 460 , no luck with the 780 ti

need to work on what makes that card tick....... :bang head

attachment.php

Attachments

• GTX460 AM.jpg
    GTX460 AM.jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 87
at least you made some nice scores on GTX460 :)

my 4690K needs 1.75V+ for 5.5GHz on 2 cores, just tested it on dice ... no comments

Thanks guys

yea my 4770K takes 1.85 4c8t (yikes)

What's it take for 4c4t ? possibly needs to be colder although I hit a CB @ -116C

My 4690K is not scalling past 1.75V on ss or dice .. on 1.85+ is crashing or not booting at all. The same was with one of my 4770K. Some of them just don't like higher voltages.
But I made 5.9GHz on 4930K on 2 cores http://valid.canardpc.com/a8ynje

Thanks :) ... 4930K seems better for everything than any haswell that I had. Can say 4930k is the only above average CPU that I had in last 3 years.

I will be in Lancaster next summer on vacation, I would love to do some LN2 maybe we can set something up.

Back