• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ocing E6600 with Asus P5N32-E sLI PLUS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

interex26

Registered
Hello everyone, I am at 3.4 currently and I am having a really hard time making it 100% stable, but I am close. Take a look at what I have I hope someone can help me see why I am unable to scale any higher.

3.4 X 9 377 Rated FSB of 1510

OS - Windows Vista 64bit Ultimate
Ram - 4GB Patriot PC2-6400 PDC22G6400LLK
Mobo - Asus P5N32-E SLI PLUS
Case - Antec 900

I have left the memory stock and only played with the FSB at a 1:1 ratio unlinked at 4-4-4-12.

I am able to prime95 small FFT's on both cores ver. 25.6 for about 1hr and 35min until 1 core stops with an error message that reads something like ex. "FATAL ERROR: Final Result was 33cd45, should be 43c243" and the other core keeps going normally, it used to be a rounding error "Rounding was 0.5 expected less then 0.4" but that stopped after I bumped the votage. I also have not checked the Blend or large FTT yet.

My voltages are pretty crazy right now but temps are fine with a max CPU temp of 55-56c on both cores at load.

Voltages:

Vcore: Set 1.536 = 1.5-1.52 in everest (1.52 in bios)
NB: Set 1.5 (1.52 in bios)
1.2 HTT: set 1.45 (1.50 i bios)
SB: set 1.5 (1.52 in bios)
Cpu VTT: 1.45 (1.50 in bios)

temps : Mobo = 31-34c

So im not quite sure what Im doing wrong, maybe my cpu has reached its max and cant scale anymore and maybe i need to work on the memory a little.

Any help would be great!! Thanks so much

Last edited:
"Update" - Attempted blend and after 52 mins. got a FATAL ERROR: "Rounding was 0.5 expected less then 0.4" error

BTW - using Bios 0803

Any ideas?

I get this error when some voltages isn't high enough.

Try to increase one voltage at a time and see what voltage u need to increase.

Alrite thnx ill try that, btw-do u think my voltages for my vcore is too high? or are me temps good enough that it doesn't really matter.

Welcome to O/C Forums :welcome:

1.5v is a little much for that chip on air. If you want the 3.4Ghz, you might want to consider the Padmod . I did it to my E6400 and was able to get 8x400=3.2Ghz with 1.32v on a P35 board.

The padmod will raise the FSB on the chip from 1066 to 1333.

At what voltage are you running the ram @?

Hm, have you you checked to see if ram has a wall?

I would lower the multi to it's lowest, then start clocking up the ram only. See how high you can get it before it fails. Then you'll have a ballpark figure on FSB. Then you start raising the multi 1 by 1 and see where the max is.

My ram tops out @ around 540-ish, so I'm runnin 8x525 with 2.2v on the ram @ 5-5-5-15. This is of course @ 1:1 and 1.32 on the chip.

Be sure @ 2.2v the ram has cooling or you'll fry it.

Alrite thnx so much i will def try that asap, wat do u think about my voltages like the NB etc? Should i lower them?

See how hot the NB is @ that voltage. If you burn your finger, it's too high. Add a fan to it if you can. I would'nt go pass 1.5v on the NB without cooling. SB you don't need that much voltage. Maybe 1.35-1.4 will do.

The idea here is to see where your ram tops out at without stressing the chip. Go like this:

Set evrything back down to defaults
Lower the multi on the chip to it's lowest. ( me thinks it's 6)
Set ram timings to their defaults including voltage
Set NB voltage to 1.45v SB to default

Then start to raise the ram FSB only by 5's and reboot. This is time consuming, but well worth it as you'll start to find out more about your setup and how high you can go with the parts you have.

Once you reached the ram's limit, back off by 5-10, then start raising the multi on the chip. Remember you don't want to go more than 1.5v on it. If you can't clock the chip with 1.5v max, then that's all you gonna get with it.

Post back and good luck young grasshoppa.

Last edited:
Ok so ill set down the lowest multiplier possible, then scale the ram til i hit a wall then scale up the processor and thats my best possible oc?

Also should I return the CPU vcore down to default while testing the ram?

Ok so ill set down the lowest multiplier possible, then scale the ram til i hit a wall then scale up the processor and thats my best possible oc?

Also should I return the CPU vcore down to default while testing the ram?

That's exactly it. Lower the vcore to 1.35 just incase the chip needs a little help ;)

At the 6 multi the chip isn't gonna need alot of voltage. You just want to see where the ram tops out at first :cool:

I saw the voltage to your ram is 2.2v, so lets just leave it there and timings of 4-4-4-12

Be sure to keep notes at what FSB will pass and what fails.

That's exactly it. Lower the vcore to 1.35 just incase the chip needs a little help ;)

At the 6 multi the chip isn't gonna need alot of voltage. You just want to see where the ram tops out at first :cool:

I saw the voltage to your ram is 2.2v, so lets just leave it there and timings of 4-4-4-12

Be sure to keep notes at what FSB will pass and what fails.

Thank you so much Nebulous and sorry for the late reply. I will try this and give updates when I get my ram stable :cool:

Back