• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Agility 3 raid 0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thodoris125

Hi.I bought 2 x OCZ Agility 3 SSD 120GB and I want to make them operate in raid 0. The mobo is Asus Rampage Formula III. I read that they work better on the ICH10R controller than the Marvell controller so I connect them on the ICH10R in raid 0 with stripe size 128K. Because i have no idea, what speeds playing around on these ssds in raid 0? Somewhere I saw about 900 ~ 1000 MB/s in Atto Disk Benchmark. I need to make some settings from Windows 7 or the Rapid Storage Technology?

Thank you in advance.

Im sorry, what are you asking? Have you run ATTO to see what speeds you are getting? I would just set the stripe size and go (though unless you frequently manipulate large files, I wouldnt go R0).

Here are the speeds benchmarks...Are they good?

Attachments

• atto.JPG
    atto.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 112
  • as.JPG
    as.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 95
Looks like you have maxed out the controller... Thats why your curve is so flat.

Sata 3 ports are on the Marvell 9128 controller which has problems with raids...What can i do?

Sata 3 ports are on the Marvell 9128 controller which has problems with raids...

Oh you have no intel SATA III ports:( That stinks. Well that is about the best you can do with 2x raid 0 on SATA II

WAIT you should have 2x Intel SATA III ports.

EDIT. My bad no iSATA III.

Last edited:
Do you suggest me a sata 3 controller for my mobo so i can reach 1TB/s?

None that are affordable. To me when you move to a card you need Intel or better and for the money it is really not worth it on an x58 board. You can get a cheap controller but you get what you pay for.

With single drives i will have speeds ~200 MB/s which is the half from the speed of the raid!

With single drives i will have speeds ~200 MB/s which is the half from the speed of the raid!

Well you should have closer to 300 than 200. Shoot my SATA II Raid 5 is is as fast as your SSD and that is 1.5GB.

If you are only doing 200 you have some other issue.

Last edited:
Back