• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ DDR 1200 not 1200?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You'll have plenty of time to figure out what works best for you. I am about to do some benchmarking myself to figure out my best combo.

Nice ram you have there OP!

You'll have plenty of time to figure out what works best for you. I am about to do some benchmarking myself to figure out my best combo.

Nice ram you have there OP!

Thank you. :beer: I think I am happy with the 6-6-6-18 for now. The rig is smoking fast. I just need about 4 new SATA II disks to use in RAID 0 now, lol.

i didnt think CPu speed made that big of a difference for ram speeds I will put this back to stock and check it out .

You guys missed my point.
For ad187420 don't reduce your maximum clock speed for greater RAM speed. 3.0 GHz 1200 MHz 6-6-6 might be nice, but 3.5 GHz 1100 mHz 5-5-5 will be much faster.
For ||Console|| Your clock is already super fast, but you may get faster with more RAM speed.

Is the 333 strap setting what your referring too?

NM, I see what your saying. I'll tinker with it, thanks.

Here they are side by side.

LEFT IS THE 1200 RAM RIGHT IS OC'D TO 3.8 WITH DDR 800

Attachments

• OCD.JPG
    OCD.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 434
Last edited:
Hmm not that it applies directly to the thread but I went and DLD the 4.0 version of MemSet that 18 is #1 is using up there and its helping me boost a few things stable a bit more. :beer:

Have to mess around a bit more see how much tweaking I can do.

Nice little program there, hadn't tried that one :)

That and a few settings you had up there, I had not honestly messed with my ram timings a whole lot in a while. This could get interesting might have to do some benchmarks tonight.

Apparently you need 2T for 8-gig it looks, I guess why most peeps pushing it stays away from 8 when OC'ing.

:thup:

Last edited:
I think I found the sweet spot with both. :beer:

Attachments

• sweet spot.JPG
    sweet spot.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 427
YES!!! Now can the timings come down to 5-5-5-15??? Even if it's 1080, try and test. It may be better either way.....

5-5-5-18 is as low as I could get it. Its booted and stable so far.
unreal.JPG

Excellent...all your scores improved.
As I was saying, RAM speed is great, but that sweet spot is a happy coordination!!!:clap:

Thanks. I'm running the benchmarks in Everest and scoring in the top 5 of everything and top 3 of most.

5-5-5-18 is as low as I could get it. Its booted and stable so far.
unreal.JPG

Check out the power of amd memory controller and slower ddr2 heh:
everestmemmala.jpg

edit: No L3 on that C2Q? Odd! Jk btw hehe

Last edited:
first of all im a noob at this so i really dont know whats what, but i have the ocz ddr2 1200 and its running at 800 also. i saw a possible remedy:
I have the timings set now. The voltage was set to 1.8 and the RAM is set to run at 2.2, lol. I upped the V to 2.2, set the freq to 1200, set the FSB to 333 and hit F10, BAM!

but would it make a difference if the memory is not on the supported llist for ddr2 1200 from the manufactuers website?

heres a little bit about my system straight out of the box:
i couldnt find a place to download the fance memory test you guys were using though but this is what i did
mem bandwidth test

cpu.jpg

ram.jpg

mb.jpg

3DM.jpg

any help would be awesome sauce
im also running windows 7 64bit

Last edited:
It is in the Everest benchmark suite, its basically a slightly slimmer and more featured Sisoft Sandra, with less benchmarks. That bench is very accurate (cache & mem bench, in everest tools submenu) and runs in 2s. The disk bench is also quite good. The vista sidebar sysmon app is quite good too.

To get your ram higher than 800mhz you must set it that way in bios. Make sure you are using the newest bios for your board first, it's the same as mine and the settings sucked till bios update.

There is a setting in the first bios menu, well several in fact, for memory. You want to change the speed from ddr2-800 to ddr2-1066 in the drop down menu just above the submenu for timings. Is this your ram?
http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_ddr2_pc2_9600_reaper_hpc_edition

If so you want to set that speed setting to 1066 (fastest default, you will need to increase the fsb while decreasing the CPU, HT, and CPU_NB multi's to keep the other speeds the same), set the timings to 5-5-5-15 everything else use ram SPD default (it shows the detected suggested setting next to the selection box in the bios on my ud4h). Then a little lower on that first o/c bios screen, change the voltage to 2.1v. Once you confirm that is stable with memtest86 or vista load memtest, and the blend Prime 95 torture test (google prime95, install version for your os/32 or 64, run torture test blend mode, set avail ram to like 1/2 your ram, so 2048 for you). My test of stability is if I can pass 2+ runs of the windows boot memtest, and 8+ hours of prime95.

Well u dont need to do an 8hr stability test now, just when you are ready to leave it at a speed. Anyway once you confirm stability at 2.1v 1066mhz 5-5-5-15, reduce the multis for the 3 things I mentioned above, and increase the fsb to 205. Then try 210, and so on and so on, till its not stable anymore. You can safely (and suggestedly) run your HT bus at 2000mhz up from 1800, so keep that in mind when changing multis. CPU_NB can be run at 2000mhz with no hit to stability nor need to change any other voltages, some even 2200-2400, but start with around 2ghz. As fsb changes all those other bus speeds change too. Oh be sure to set the bios on that screen to lock PCIe bus at 100mhz base click too.

That was a lot, get back to us & make sure to read Dolks P2 OC guides, some are stickies, all are in his sig; for some A+ top notch expanded info on the topic! The CPU_NB thing is a whole topic on its own, as clocking it too high or too low can hurt performance. It controls the speed the cores talk and the L3 cache iirc.

If you set the timing, speed and all, it will be smoking fast. I run mine at 1133 I think and that lets me use 5-5-5-18 instead of 6-6-6-18

Back