• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ DDR 1200 not 1200?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok, now i dont know if windows 7 has anything to do with it, but i cant even simply change the ram freq to 1066 without restarting into the BSOD. idk maybe im missing something.

have you tried changing the voltage. We have the same exact RAM and you have to set it to 2.2 Volts to get it over 800. At least I do.

our ram is guaranteed for life as long as you stay at/under 2.25V

i was able to increase the voltage (of the ram) to 2.1v and then set the ram clock speed to 1066. i then ran memtest86 and it passed.
bios1.jpg

i havent touched any of the other settings yet. i think i know which ones, from Malakai's post, but i think im gonna read the mentioned stuff first before i start changing things. i just dont want to hurt my brand new system..ya kow what i mean. all this voltage and timing stuff is new to me. ive never overclocked anything (if you could not tell..LOL)

after all , i only play WoW, not Crysis
and i can 25man raid on ultra mode and still get 25-30fps as it is.

Thanks Alot for all the help getting it to 1066. ill post later if i ever get it up to 1200

Just an update, running on 1111 and using 5-5-5-15 and wow. speed glorious speed!!! :clap:

Back