• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Gold Edition VX PC-3200 versus Mushkin Redline XP3200?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
today i got my power supply and ram. just spent the past two hours or so arranging cables neatly and ziptying everything. the voltages on this fortron power supply are very stable according to aida32, and the power supply looks awesome, quite heavy too compared to my antec 400w that was in here. i'm already happy with this purchase.

i haven't installed the ram yet, about to put it in and begin memtest for the night. i ziptied a Tt 80mm to the case sitting right above the motherboard, it fit snugly in the gap of this antec case before i even started zip tying it. i can feel a good amount of air coming out it and it's blowing between all of the dimm slots, so this rig should be ready for the memory break-in.

g0dM@n,

One of these days one of those "off the wall" kinda posts is going to come back to haunt you...a simple Google search and "oops, there it is" for all to see. ":D

Just food for thought....

Reefa_Madness said:
g0dM@n,

One of these days one of those "off the wall" kinda posts is going to come back to haunt you...a simple Google search and "oops, there it is" for all to see. ":D

Just food for thought....

You figured out my master plan!!!

I believe that you misread my post.

I stated "haunt"...not "vault" you. :D

Anyways, back to the topic, which if I'm not mistaken, is UTT based ram.

I'm just curious...how many options are there still available when it comes to UTT. It does seem that the supply is dwindling in general and very limited when it comes to the higher rated speeds.

15 hours and 500 passes later on memtest #5, zero errors at 200fsb 2-3-3-7 and 3.2volts. so far it looks like newegg sent me good parts.

tcc5/d at ddr600 2.5-3-3-7, with same CPU speed = utt at ddr500 2-2-2-5. not too many sets of TCCD can do ddr600 2.5-3-3-7, most do like 2.5-4-3-7 or 2.5-4-4-7, where as nearly every set of UTT can hit ddr500 2-2-2-5.

Yes, Garo, as Reefa said, this will come back to haunt you. Who knows, you may find me at your door with an AK :)

benbaked:
Excellent choice with the Fortron! I am throughly satisfied with mine. I would prefer them to OCZ or PCPnC anyday. I have yet to see a Bluestorm malfunction on somebody.

I do have an excellent set of TCCD, but somehow Windows doesn't quite enjoy high HTT. I can't quite put a finger on it. However, with this BH-5 (sig), things are a lot more stable. Excellent stuff.

i just finished running prime95 overnight at 200fsb 2-2-2-6 1T 3.2v and i cut it off at 8 hrs 45 mins with no warnings. now it's time to start pushing this stuff, hehe. :burn:

update: now been running 230fsb 2-2-2-6 1T 3.2v on memtest86 (the standard tests) for two hours with no errors.

Last edited:
this ram is sweet, i'm currently running a clean memtest at ddr480 2-2-2-6 1T 3.2v with zero errors. it passed nine hours of prime last night at ddr460 with no issues, i had to cut off prime just so i could reboot and up the fsb. :cool:

I dunno if I missed it or not, benbaked, but did you get the OCZ Gold or the Redline? PC3200?

i bought the ocz gold vx pc3200.

g0dM@n said:
I dunno if I missed it or not, benbaked, but did you get the OCZ Gold or the Redline? PC3200?

What are those warrantied up to... and... did you make a ram cooler yet?!!

Did you use a fishing line to connect them together? :)

What kinda fans did you use... btw, I used 60mm fans, not 65mm... still, the more the merrier, or should I say the bigger the better.

Back