• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ PC3200 2gig kit platinum 2-3-2-5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

enfy

Hi,

I have a DFI LANPARTY RDX200 mainboard and a AM 64 3200 proc and 2x 1024 OCZ PC3200 platinum kit. My memorysticks are in banks 2 and 4 so they run on 1T. My question is why can't i get any higher then 220MHZ FSB? If i do it chrashes or creates errors. Even if i relax the timings to 3-5-5-8. When i use 4-5-5-8 my computer starts beeping and i have to reset CMOS. I believe the memory should be great for reaching allot higher FSB, since i read all that in forums. Help me out here dudes! :)

Set it to 2t..Crank up the bus..There if I remember corectly is an issue with 2 gigs at 1T..And at 2t and a high HT they will perform well..

For some of these kits 200FSB is the max they will do. 2T may help, but test to see if the amount of performance you loose from going to 2T is worth the extra FSB

well i checked out the motherboard book and it stated that when the memorystrips were placed in slot 1 and 3 the SPD had to be set to 2T. I checked out my bios and i can't find out how. Under the section GENIE i can change almost anything by i don't see the SPD setting. I placed the strips in slots one and 2 but they change to singelsided 2T and my bandwith droped like a bom to 3500 instead of the 7000 i had before. Also when singlesided i whent to 230 Mhz and got errors all the way.. what am i doing wrong here?

Back