• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ R3F BIOS Settings??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoMonitor

Registered
Looking for 1866 timings, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for online with my specific RAM. Anybody have any input? Below are stock "AUTO" 1866 timings in Rampage III Formula's most recent BIOS.

I'm assuming that the advertised 1866MHz timings of CL 9-9-9-27 (CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS) are the first four settings in the "1st Information" section; correct me if I'm wrong.

Rampage III Formula motherboard
Triple channel (6GB) kit - OCZ-OCZ3P1866C9LV2G
http://www.ocztechnology.com/ocz-ddr3-pc3-15000-platinum-low-voltage-dual-channel.html

Setting values are listed in order same as settings:
DRAM timing control in BIOS:

1st information:
9-9-9-24-7-98-14-8-28-0

9 - CAS# latency
9 - RAS# to CAS# Delay
9 - RAS# PRE Time
24 - RAS# ACT Time
7 - RAS# to RAS# Delay
98 - REF Cycle Time
14 - WRITE Recovery Time
8 - READ to PRE Time
28 - FOUR ACT WIN Time
0 - Back-to-Back CAS# Delay

2nd information:
2N-46-48-49

2N - Timing Mode
46 - Round Trip Latency on CHA
48 - Round Trip Latency on CHB
49 - Round Trip Latency on CHC

3rd information:
6-6-19-10-10-10-7-6-4-7-7-4

6 - WRITE to READ Delay (DD)
6 - WRITE to READ Delay (DR)
19 - WRITE to READ Delay (SD)
10 - READ to WRITE Delay (DD)
10- READ to WRITE Delay (DR)
10 - READ to WRITE Delay (SD)
7 - READ to READ Delay (DD)
6 - READ to READ Delay (DR)
4 - READ to READ Delay (SD)
7 - WRITE to WRITE Delay (DD)
7 - WRITE to WRITE Delay (DR)
4 - WRITE to WRITE Delay (SD)

Last edited:
Yes. the four primary timings of 9-9-9-24 are listed as CAS# latency (CAS), RAS# to CAS# Delay (tRCD), RAS# PRE Time (tRP), and RAS# ACT Time (tRAS) in your BIOS. Change tRAS to 27 to match the rated timing, and leave all the sub-timings on Auto.

Yes. the four primary timings of 9-9-9-24 are listed as CAS# latency (CAS), RAS# to CAS# Delay (tRCD), RAS# PRE Time (tRP), and RAS# ACT Time (tRAS) in your BIOS. Change tRAS to 27 to match the rated timing, and leave all the sub-timings on Auto.

Thanks!

By changing the DRAM Bus Voltage to 1.65V.

Thanks a lot! I thought that would be the proper setting to change the value of, but since I am inexperienced with the BIOS for the most part I didn't want to go changing things without checking first.

It was running at 1.998-2.004v up until now. Could this have caused any damage if left unchecked? Or instability?

Instability... probably not, but possible. Damage if unchecked... at >.3V above the modules rated voltage, almost certainly.

Well, if it is damaged, OCZ will replace it with a check to buy some proper, working RAM. However, you may have voided the warranty due to overvoltage.

Back