• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ vertex 2 60gb $35 after rebate newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The only OCZ that has not been returned is my 90gb Agility. However every single one of my vertex has been returned at least once. (they just stop working, no warning)

I've never had to return a Vertex or an Agility of varying generations.

Same here but nobody seems to see the positive comments, only the negative. One person got a DOA/bad drive? That means 100,000 thousand people got a bad drive.

I've never had any problems with my Vertex 3 MaxIOPS...

However one of the 4 we bought for benching died pretty quickly...

I still wouldn't have a problem in the world buyin' them.

Dang, just bought this drive for $60 for my sister's netbook. :/

Oh, and its still slow.

Same here but nobody seems to see the positive comments, only the negative. One person got a DOA/bad drive? That means 100,000 thousand people got a bad drive.

OCZ has had firmware issues, but have always fixed the problems. Sooo, buy it. Theres also a 120 max iops in the classys. ;)

Same here, I've had 3 or 4 (all Vertex) and I've never had a problem with one.

Not to discredit anyone that has had issues, just putting out another positive story.

My Vertex 2 has been going strong for over a year now and never had an issue with it.

Gotta remember that for every one bad review/experience out there there are probably thousands of satisfied customers that feel no need to go on the interwebs and let everyone know about it. It's almost always only the dissatisfied customers the ones that voice their anger.

Just make sure you have at least firmware 1.35 on it, as everything prior to that had sleep of death issues. Been running on 1.35 and 1.37 for the last year or so, and everything has been fine.

Gotta remember that for every one bad review/experience out there there are probably thousands of satisfied customers that feel no need to go on the interwebs and let everyone know about it. It's almost always only the dissatisfied customers the ones that voice their anger.

I have had bad experience but do not voice my opinion. OCZ took care of me via warranty so the end result was not bad. I have purchased and installed several OCZ since the issues (however, I do tend to stay away from vertex)

Back