• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official: What Have I Killed Benching Thread!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Are you saying you RMA'd a chip you ran 1.4VTT and 1.8vcore through?

We've had this discussion - the gear these guys are buying is made for overclocking... did you spend 400 on your motherboard so you could get some extreme clocks? The manufactuters and vendors also cater to the benchmarking group - RMA rules that apply to regular overclockers who have no clue what they are doing do not apply the same way to established benchmarkers. They are generating publicity and pushing the envelope, running LN2, etc... Regular Joe would be wrong to return a chip for RMA like this, but some benchmarkers do things differently and its accepted within certain circles.

It's a grey line, but its up to each individual person to decide exactly where the line exists.

Bottom line: This is the benchmarking forum, and this isn't a discussion I want to see carried on publicly here. I don't want the team harassed, but if you take issue with something we can talk further in PM.

I seem to have semi-killed my e4500, it gets IBT errors and occasional BSODs at stock clocks/volts now.

I'm pretty sure my tpower is dead now, I killed it at stock volts and settings. :chair:

Biostar marketing department needs to send me a new board, I'M A PRO YOU KNOW. :D

I thought I killed my i3-530 while aiming for WR SuperPI on air......but luckily, I only killed my Biostar cheap combo motherboard.
@MattNo5ss....you got great score!

lol SSM, that's good to hear! Always kill the cheap parts :D

The E4500 isn't dead. The ECS G31 mobo however, seems to be.

Killed my i5-650.....SUCKS.....Seems like my UD3l took her with it when she died....This blows...Will Intel RMA take care of it?

Yes, just got done with Intel...It's outside the 30 days so I can't bring it to Microcenter...But they said if there are any burn marks on it, they won't RMA it...There are some small brown marks on one side...very small..So I'll probably get screwed...This sucks

Yes I have the heatsink...Got an RMA number, so we'll see...

4870 Asus Matrix. Got so hot some of the floor mount resistors fell off :D
(Achievement unlocked)

Asus RMA will see it in my hands again by next week.

Last thing I fried was a 5900XT, soldering on varistors for more v-core/mem. Couldn't stop giving it more..

Killed my second piece of hardware :shock:

First was a 1.55 volt modded 7900GT. Just eventually degraded and died months and months later. Was a good time though. :cool:

Did a Pi suicide run with my 775 rig right before I moved to i7. The ram didn't rikey it so much.

Shame DDR2 is so dang expensive now.

No, it wasn't the Biostar TH55B HD mobo that dies (though I was pretty sure it was).
It turned out that my i3-530 is officially dead.
BTW, what R.I.P. abbreviations stand for?

EDIT: just google it... Rest In Peace.

Last edited:
Its because BobN knows how to OC :D

I am inclined to disagree. Dead hardware is usually a bad sign.

:chair:

Please note: I am not saying he doesn't know how to OC, but rather how I define OC is drastically different than how you are defining it.

Back