• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official: What Have I Killed Benching Thread!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
HEHE. The only working 775 board in the house is (drum roll)....the P5B Dlx :beer: That thing isn't even worthy of the corrugated brown box it's in at the back of my closet, let alone a case :)

Send it to me, I'll trade you a UD3R. ;)

Trust me, if you saw what it looks like, you wouldn't want it ;) Dusty, greasy, the pins corroded once and now look horrible. It looks like it's been through a war. I beat the crap out of that thing and it just keeps on ticking somehow. I seriously thought I killed it at LEAST 5 times, but every time just wait a couple of days, try again and it boots like it's first out of the box :shrug:

Sorry to hear about your mem bob, but it's a good excuse to buy some new 2200MHz sticks don't you think? :beer:

Trust me, if you saw what it looks like, you wouldn't want it ;) Dusty, greasy, the pins corroded once and now look horrible. It looks like it's been through a war. I beat the crap out of that thing and it just keeps on ticking somehow. I seriously thought I killed it at LEAST 5 times, but every time just wait a couple of days, try again and it boots like it's first out of the box :shrug:

Sorry to hear about your mem bob, but it's a good excuse to buy some new 2200MHz sticks don't you think? :beer:

If everything still actually works on it I'll still trade, you haven't ran my UD3R before. :)

Got a pair of Perfect storm on the way
I'll be curious to see how they do. I was looking for someone that had them in stock before I realized my sticks would do >1200MHz (1.80V).

If everything still actually works on it I'll still trade, you haven't ran my UD3R before. :)
LOL. I'd have to find it first, but I think I am keeping it for posterity :beer:

Bummer miah, not a cheap board :beer:

Damn Ross, both board & CPU gone? At least you knocked out some killer numbers with it before she went. It's obvious 1156 in it's current form has some serious drawbacks for extreme use.

It's alive!

The 870 just doesn't clock as well so I decided I was going to try to repair the pads on the crispy 860 today. This is what it looked like. Not as bad as massman's, but not pretty...completely missing 3 pads and most of the 4th. I filled the pad areas with silver trace repair, dropped it in the P55-UD4P and it fired right up :eek: Now to see if it will hold up to high load/current :beer:

860_fried.png

EDIT: seems OK so far :)

fixed_860.png

Last edited:
LOL Mr. 5.5GHz 870 :D Mine will barely do 5.25 and that's just for CPU-Z :(

We'll fine out how mine will do tomorrow :D
Nice, I hope it's OK :thup: I was a bit worried about how thin the coverage is, but it seems to be OCing just as well as before and I've shoved up to 1.60Vc in the UD4P to test.

silver trace repair?
Yeah. I was going to silver epoxy copper on the spots, but Fry's didn't have any trace rolls. It seems like it's doing just fine so far, so I guess it ended up being easier than I was going to make it :)

eVGA X58 SLI E758 is D.E.D...dead. Returned home from work, no response, couldn't shut it down with the power button, had to flip the switch on the PSU. Fans will power up, but nothing, nada, zip, zilch on the LCD poster, and definitely no posting happening. Cleared CMOS for quite a while... but to no avail... it's a goner.

Sorry about the board dude, take your time to get another one (so I can catch up with you on the bot!) I'm eyeballing a 762 right now.....

Sorry about the board dude, take your time to get another one (so I can catch up with you on the bot!) I'm eyeballing a 762 right now.....

NEVER!!!! I've got new cards just sitting in waiting :D

Mine was still running in the board with the crispy socket and shorted pins and I never knew it. Had I not messed with the pins (to straighten them), it probably would've gone back in and run because the pads (welded to the pins) were in the right spots LOL. Either way, I am glad it's working again and OCing just as well as before :beer:

I've only killed one chip, Sempron 2500 if I recall. It was back in the day of the good ol' nf3 boards. Man it waso kay, but nothing beats my NF4 SLI-DR in terms of polished and stability. I still enjoy using this box. See linux box in my sig.

I ended up selling the chip for 5$ if I recall that or a trade for an old pci video card.. since I was 100% sure the chip was dead he knew this when I traded but was curious if he could get it to work.

Answer was no, but he knew that might of been the case. After that I just sold the nf3 board. The old single channel platform never was that great anyway.

Back