• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok how do I convert AVI to XVID and what do I need?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Panzerknacker

Disabled
Ok this is what I want. I made a movie with my DV cam and it's now on my HD in DV format (.avi). I want to encode it to Xvid so that it fits on a cd (it's 5gig now for 25 minutes). I've already downloaded the Xvid codec and configured it. Now I need some kind of program that supports the Xvid pugin and let's me encode it. I can't seem to find information on this, and I've already downloaded some stuff but it's all crap and doesnt do what I want. So, I wanna know what is a good program for this?

I checked there, but it seems there is just no single program capable of doing this. They are all for crap like DVD and useless things like that. I just want something that can encode any file with xvid.

Hmm, it seems the only 2 programs supporting the DVSD codec are Adobe Premiere and Pinnacle Studio DV. Does anyone know if the supports encoding, and if they do so, if they supports DivX?

Back