• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok I am gonna give 2x256mb gskill a try

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have a gigabyte mobo!

ddr6204jc4bh.png

Just getting started....wow.....
ddr620 with ras-cas3 timing! It did fail superPI instantly but I believe it may be my cpus fault, I did get superPI to pass at 300x8 which is a very good sign indeed! I am gonna see if 3dmark will run at 310x8, if not ill relax timing to ras-cas4 and try to get even higher to make up for the hit. I will also try 285-290 with 9x multi but the cpu will be pushed very far to its limit, might not be too stable even in 3dmark. 300x8 is a VERY good starting point, gonna see if I can get either cpu and/or ram higher. Wow, can I say wow again? 2x256mb is soooooooo much easier on the ondie controller its unreal!

Nice start. When you get all done lemme know and we'll compare it to my low latency 2x512Mb setup. I've been burning in 2x512 twinmos chips at 260Mhz 2-2-2-8 1T. It'd be interesting to see how it compares to 300+ with loose timings in superpi, p95, everest...etc.

mattspalace said:
HA, I was right! :D

LOL

You win the prize. The guy just doesn't share much info. :)

Overclocker550 said:
I have a gigabyte mobo!

ddr6204jc4bh.png

Just getting started....wow.....
ddr620 with ras-cas3 timing! It did fail superPI instantly but I believe it may be my cpus fault, I did get superPI to pass at 300x8 which is a very good sign indeed! I am gonna see if 3dmark will run at 310x8, if not ill relax timing to ras-cas4 and try to get even higher to make up for the hit. I will also try 285-290 with 9x multi but the cpu will be pushed very far to its limit, might not be too stable even in 3dmark. 300x8 is a VERY good starting point, gonna see if I can get either cpu and/or ram higher. Wow, can I say wow again? 2x256mb is soooooooo much easier on the ondie controller its unreal!
You serious? bah...:runs:

That's :drool: but you really should be starting at 9x270. That way you'll be able to find something solid and quick.

No offense mate and hope you break 4k, but please don't post kamikaze results. It really clutters up the genuine stable results you put forth.

Also, for the benefit of all , please list in detail all your BIOS settings i.e CPU,GPU and Mem. Since you are tweaking too many things at once, listing them out would help keep your data coherent.

Ok there are 4 things I am maxing out so its hard for me to pinpoint which of the four are the curlpit, the cpu itself, the ondie controller, the mobo's HTT or the ram. My mobo wont post with LDT at 2x or 1x so 3x is the least I can go to. Raising chipset volts dont seem to help any. I expermented by running my ram async and I got to windows fine with 325 HTT. at 325 HTT with my ram 1:1 2.5-4-4-x I cant even load windows. Lowered it to 310 1:1 2.5-4-4-x and it gets into windows fine. However using clockgen, I can push to 333 HTT fine. Tried 340 and it locked in 10 seconds. I am expermenting with 300x8=2.4 1:1 2.5-3-3-x and it completes 3dmark and superPI just fine.

I have yet to try codered's a64 tweaker except for async latency, tried setting it down to 6 from 7 and instant lock. This is bye bye 100 marks right there but my 300fsb still way muscles ahead of 262 fsb. I may be able to tighten other timing but it may gain me 50 marks if that. I also heard there was a tiny performance hit, perhaps on the order of 3-5fsb's worth with 2x256mb vs. 2x512. My cpu is good to a little over 2.4GHz superPI benchable, good to 2.6GHz 3dmarkable(if it still is)so I can try other options such as 285x9=2.57GHz, 305x8=2.44 then 310x8=2.48 7x multi is useless due to my mobo's limit, I will try 340x7=2.38GHz but I most likley will need to drop to ras-cas4 past 300-320, havent determined that. If my ondie controller has a limit, then relaxing timing wont help unless the ram limits me before the ondie controller does.

So far I gained 40MHz on the cpu and 38MHz on the ram but -10MHz ram if I dont use codered's a64 tweaker, -5MHz on ram if 2x256 is slower than 2x512. This still leaves me with a 23MHz lead on ram times 4=92MHz cpu equivalent plus 40MHz I have physically is 132MHz. I am not done though, this is my baseline gain. This would be worth close to 500 marks when I stick my softmodded 9500np in there. May not sound like much, I dont mind because I will let Venice pick up from there :D

Back